Chapter 18

Jill ran as fast as she could to find Lucifer. While doing so, Jack has Damian's hands tied up and to where he couldn't escape.

Jack: Now then, what am I gonna do until she gets back?

Damian: Don't you dare hurt her.

Jack: Why would I do that? After all, I won't do it unless provoked. But, I suggest you not to do anything stupid. Who am I kidding? You're tied up.

Damian: I know that. But, why are you doing this?

Jack: You see, I'm doing this for my friend Jack. I told him I would find out who made his life hell.

Damian: You know about Jack?

Jack: Yes. In fact, I removed his curse and immortality so that he no longer had to suffer. Now, here I am. I'm here to find out who made his life hell and why.

Damian: I thought he was born with the curse.

Jack: No. I know for a fact he wasn't just born with it. Someone had to step in and ruin his life for the worst. Anyway, he told me about you. All those pranks you pulling on him, all those injuries you gave him, and all that trouble you caused him. All for what?

Damian: You don't know anything about me.

Jack: Really? You wanna say that after I said that Jack told me about you? You're pathetic for that.

Damian: Say what you want. You won't win.

Jack: Who's gonna stop me? You and that ego of yours? Don't make me laugh.

Damian: We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Jack: I know it won't be you that laughs last.

Jack noticed Lucifer with an angry face.

Jack: Oh hi Lucifer. Here's your son.

Jack untied the rope and let Damian free.

Lucifer: Son. Are you okay?

Damian: I'm okay. I'm not hurt.

Jack: Now, I wanna know how Jack got a bad luck curse in the first place?

Lucifer: His mom begged me to make him unkillable after his dad died. I told her he would had a bad luck curse and she agreed.

Jack stood still for a moment and looked at his hands. When he heard that, he felt betrayed by his own mom. He thought he deserved to be hated for some reason.

Jack levitated off the ground and flew to the sky. He flew towards the ground and landed. He felt as if his world fell apart.

E.S: Come on Jack. Let's go.

Jack got on the throne and it made a portal. They both went through and it closed. They were traveling through and Orion decided to speak up.

Orion: I know Jack. It's gonna be okay.

Jack: No. It's not gonna be fine. I've been lied to from the beginning. I thought I was destined to suffer, but I was wrong.

E.S: I know how you feel Jack. But, don't let the anger get to your head.

Orion: I think you need to rest for a bit.

They arrived at Jack's house and Jack looked at the ground.

E.S: If you ever need me, just snap your finger.

Jack: Okay.

E.S went through the same portal, but went a different path. The portal closed and Jack teleported to his room. He took off his mask, hat, and coat and put them under the bed.

He sat down on the bed and shedded a few tears. He dried them off and laid down on his back. He heard his phone ringing and saw the contract with from Zill.

Zill: Hi Jack. How are you?

Jack: Not good.

Zill: What's wrong?

Jack: I found out that my mom was the reason I have a curse. I don't think I'll be the same again.

Zill: I'm sorry to hear that Jack.

Jack: If anyone should be sorry, it's me. I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier today. I was just not feeling well.

Zill: It's okay. I know you didn't mean it.

Jack: Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Zill: Anytime. Well, I have to hang up the call. I was just checking on you to see how you were.

Jack: Okay. Thanks for calling.

Zill: Now, you get some rest. I'll talk to you later.

Jack: Bye Zill.

Jack hung up and put his phone on his nightstand and plugged it up.

Orion: You okay?

Jack: No. I'm not okay.

Orion: Well, get some rest and maybe that will help.

Jack: Okay. I will.

Jack closed his eyes and began to sleep. He hoped tomorrow would be better for him.