Chapter 10

It was the end of lunch and time to head to the fourth class of the day. Rusty decided to walk with Jack until he reached his class. Jack looked at Rusty and noticed he had a sad look on his face.

Jack: Are you okay Rusty? You're looking sad right now.

Rusty: I'm sorry for being a complete bully to you. It's just I wasn't accepted for who I was.

Jack: Hey, it's okay. I forgive you.

Rusty: You forgive me?

Jack: Of course I do. It doesn't matter how much you bully me, I will still care about you.

Rusty: Even though I've said all those things, you still care?

Jack: I do Rusty. You're not a bad guy, you are a person who regrets bullying me. But, you don't have to worry.

Rusty: Why is that?

Jack: Well, I know how you truly feel about me now. You did say I was handsome.

Rusty: That slipped my mind. Sorry for saying that.

Jack: Don't be sorry. You do have a crush on me, don't you?

Rusty: I have had a crush on you for a while. I was just too nervous to say anything.

Jack: So, the reason why you're not afraid of my bad luck is because you like me?

Rusty: Yeah.

Rusty saw his class and headed to the door.

Rusty: See ya later Jack.

Jack winked at Rusty and he blushed. Then, he saw a piece of paper fall out of his backpack. Jack quickly grabbed the piece of paper and put it in his back pack.

Jack: I'll wait until later to find out what this is.

Jack continued walking to his fourth class. Orion decided to talk with Jack for a minute.

Orion:*Mind* Hey Jack. How did the little date with Rusty go?

Jack:*Mind* It went well. At least I know why Rusty did what he did.

Orion:*Mind* You like him as well, don't you?

Jack:*Mind* I do, but I don't have the courage to say it.

Orion:*Mind* You have to tell him eventually. You can't keep it a secret forever.

Jack:*Mind* I know. I'll let him know.

Just then, Jack saw Zill and Kayla arrive in the class. They both headed to their seats which was next to Jack. He sighed and wished he had a different seat.

Zill: Hi Jack.

Jack: Hi Zill and Kayla. Just like everyday too.

Kayla: Is everything okay Jack? Did you have a bad day?

Jack: No. I'm okay. Don't worry about me.

Zill: You're our friend Jack. We worry about you.

Jack: Really?

Kayla: Yes. Why would you ask that?

Jack: Let me tell you this then. Since I have met you guys, I felt like I was finally accepted. But, I soon realized that it was all a lie. You guys talked to each other like I wasn't there. You barely invited me to hang out with you. I felt like the only time you were there was when you put me back together.

Zill and Kayla looked at Jack with worry in their eyes. Zill tried to put his hand on Jack's shoulder, but Jack grabbed it and stood up. Zill also stood up and tried to calm Jack down.

Zill: Jack, calm down. Let's talk about this.

Jack didn't respond and tightened his grip on Zill's hand. He fell to one knee as he tried not to scream. Kayla got up and tried to stop Jack.

Jack: Get off of me.

Kayla: Jack, listen to me.

Jack lightly pushed her away and she fell to the ground. Everyone in the class was watching this unfold. Then, Jack grabbed Zill by the throat and lifted him off the ground.

Zill: Jack, please. Don't make me hit you.

Jack: Try me.

Zill punched Jack on the face, but he didn't react. Zill was shocked and tried to free himself. Jack let Zill go and decided to leave the class.

Before he could, Kayla stopped him and tried to pull him back with all her strength.

Jack: Wow. You are failing at this.

Jack pushed Kayla and before she fell to the ground, Zill caught her. They both looked at Jack and he looked back.

Jack: It's time to accept that I'm not who I am anymore, Zill. There's nothing you can do to get him back. No matter how hard you try.

Jack left the classroom and Zill let out a sigh of defeat. He probably wouldn't win against Jack.