Chapter 8

Zechariah noticed the tear and handed Damian a pack of tissues. He grabbed one and wiped his one tear off. He put the tissue box on Zech's desk.

Zech: Jack snapped at you?

Damian: He did.

Zech: Okay. Can you tell me how it started?

Damian: I was just trying to get his attention and he just snapped at me. I felt as if he hated me or something.

Zech: It's probably the fact Jack had gotten used to your behavior. Has he snapped at you before?

Damian: No. That was the first time it's ever happened.

Zech: Maybe Jack did it without knowing. There's no other explanation for it.

Damian: What would be the best thing to do?

Zech: The best thing to do would be to apologize and let him know how much you regretted poking fun at him.

Damian: Okay. Thank you sir. I'll be leaving now.

Zech: Where are you going?

Damian: Back to my class.

Zech: Fabian said you have his permission to stay in here until you and your friends have practice in the drama theatre.

Damian: Oh okay.

Time passes and it was time to head to the next class. Jack left the class and was heading to his third class for the day.

Jack:*Mind* I'm glad we have only four classes.

Orion:*Mind* You said it. I've been in your shoes so I can't say much. Hey, do you feel bad for yelling at Damian earlier?

Jack:*Mind* As much as I hate to say it, I do. He's my cousin, but he was annoying me a lot.

Orion:*Mind* I hope he changes for the better.

Jack:*Mind* I hope so too. I don't want him to be like that forever.

Jack arrived at his fourth class and walked in. He saw Autumn at his seat and walked over to sit next to him. When he got there, he knew what Autumn wanted to hear.

Jack: Not letting it go?

Autumn: Nope.

Jack: Ok. I think it's better to hear the short version.

Autumn: Don't worry. I'm all ears.

Jack: Someone wearing a gray mask offered to get rid of my curse and immortality. Now, I'm living a better life.

Autumn: Did this person say what their name was?

Jack: He didn't even bother at all.

Autumn: So, the person was a boy.

Jack: Yeah.

Jack noticed Kayla walking in the room and Jack sighed. Autumn noticed and patted Jack's shoulder.

Autumn: What's wrong?

Jack: I think I should show you.

Jack took out his phone and showed a picture of Zill with another woman. Autumn was shocked as he saw Zill and Kayla as the love birds of Safe Haven.

Autumn: When did this happen?

Jack: Yesterday.

Autumn: Did you know about this before?

Jack: No. I have been noticing that Zill hasn't been taking Kayla on a date every day like usual.

Autumn: That's when you started to suspect something?

Jack: Yeah. I had a bad feeling that something was up.

Autumn: Where were you when you saw them together?

Jack: I saw them when I was at the park. I couldn't help but to follow them.

Autumn: If Kayla finds out, she would be devastated. Imagine the heartbreak she would be in.

Jack: I understand, but she has to know.

Autumn: Are you gonna tell her?

Jack: No. I want Zill to tell her himself.

Autumn: How are you gonna do that?

Jack: I already have a plan. But, it's best to wait for the time being.

Autumn: Okay. I'll keep quick then.

Jack and Autumn stopped talking to each other when they saw Rusty walking in the class.

Autumn: What happened to him?

Jack: I fought back.

Autumn: A little too much, don't you think?

Jack: Yeah I did go overkill.

Rusty got to his seat which was next to Jack. He sat down at his seat, but Jack didn't bother him. He felt bad for punching Rusty, but he had it coming.

Jack looked at Rusty and saw he was staring at the ground. He put an arm around his shoulder and patted his head. Rusty had blushed a little and Jack noticed.

Jack smiled and stopped patting his head. He took his arm off Rusty's shoulder and he looked at Jack. He saw Jack smiling and he blushed even more.

Jack looked at Autumn and pointed at Rusty. Autumn looked and saw him blushing. Autumn puts a finger over his mouth telling Jack he'll be quiet about it.