Chapter 12

Jack decided to head to the shopping center to get Damian some comics as a surprise gift. He felt bad for yelling at him. He sighed and hoped Damian realized what he did.

Orion: You okay Jack?

Jack: I'm okay. It's just that I feel bad for yelling at Damian and making Zill break up with Kayla.

Orion: You did the right thing for Kayla. He would be a terrible boyfriend anyway.

Jack: I know, but I feel remorseful for getting mad at my cousin. Deep down, I care about him.

Orion: How much do you care about him?

Jack: I would sacrifice myself just to save him.

Orion: What about your family?

Jack: That too.

Jack arrived at where they sold the comics at.

Jack: Hello sir. You doing alright?

Man: Yeah. Just tired.

Jack: Don't worry. You have until the rest of the day and then you can sleep. Can you wait until then?

Man: I can try. Wait. Are you Bad Luck Jack?

Jack: Yeah, but not anymore. Someone offered to get rid of my curse and immortality.

Man; Well, I'm happy to know you are able to live a normal live.

Jack: After 17 of enduring pain and suffering, I deserve it.

Jack was about to get a few comics, but he heard a voice call out to him. He turned around and saw a white cat.

Jack: Give me a minute.

He walked to where the cat was and stopped in front of him.

Jack: So, you're trying to spread to word of our Lord. What's your name?

Leeson: My name is Lesson. Nice to meet you.

Jack saw a giant that said 'God loves everyone except demons'. He looked back at Leeson and sighed. He picked up the table with one hand and threw it to the side.

Leeson got up from his seat and back up against the wall. Jack grabbed him by the neck with one hand and slammed him against the wall.

Leeson: What did I do to you?

Jack: Remember that red Jackal from before? That's my cousin.

Leeson: Your cousin? You're related to the devil?

Jack: Yes, but I wish I wasn't. I was cursed with bad luck and immortality.

Leeson: Wait. Jack? Is that you?

Jack surrounded his free hand with ice and had a smile on his face with his hat hiding his eyes.

Jack: Yes. Now, tell me why that sign said God loves everyone except demons or I will turn you into a life sized Popsicle.

Leeson: Okay okay. Demons are forces of destruction. They will cause chaos wherever they go.

Jack: Lies. Not all demons are evil just because. There are some that regret what they did and are willing to do anything to redeem themselves.

Leeson: What are you trying to say?

Jack: Demons were once people who had a reason why they did what they did. My cousin is half a demon.

Leeson: I never thought of that.

Jack: Now, I want you to look for the same red Jackal and apologize to him. Make sure you tell him why you think God doesn't love demons.

Leeson: I will. I promise.

Jack let go of Leeson and he dropped to the ground. He removed the ice around his hand and reached out to him. Leeson grabbed his hand nad Jack helped him up.

Jack: Sorry about that. I just let my anger get the best of me.

Leeson: It's okay. I understand your anger. But, tell me. Who cursed with bad luck and immortality?

Jack: All I know is my mom and Lucifer was involved. I felt like I didn't deserve to have a good life.

Leeson: How are you gonna find out?

Jack: Simple. Ask my uncle why my mom was there with him.

Leeson: Well, I hope you find out why.

Jack: If I do, Ill come back and let you know.

Leeson: Okay then. See you later Jack.

Jack: Bye Lesson.

Jack headed back to where the comics were being sold at. He paid for the comics that he picked and was about to leave.

Man: You okay over there?

Jack: I'm fine. I just let my anger get the best of me.

Man: Don't worry. It's happens to a lot of people.

Jack: Sorry you had to see that.

Man: It's okay. Have a good day.

Jack: You too. Don't fall asleep on the both of us now.

Man: I'll try.

Jack left the comic store and decided to head to pay the devil a visit.