Chapter 24

It's time to head to lunch. Jack walked with Autumn and Rusty. Of course, the two would get stares from the students in the hallway.

Jack: Why are they still staring at us?

Autumn: I don't know.

Rusty: Maybe it's because they are shocked to know we are dating.

Jack: Ok. Let's not think about it too much. We should just get to where we need to be.

Jack, Autumn, and Rusty continued walking to a place to eat outside while the students still stared at them. They all knew it wouldn't end. They finally got outside and headed to a bench.

They sat down on the bench close to the entrance. Luckily for Jack, he didn't forget the sandwiches. He handed them their sandwiches and they began to eat.

Rusty: Thanks Jack.

Autumn: Thank you.

Jack: You guys are welcome. By the way, it's turkey.

They continued to eat their food and talked to each other for a few minutes. Jack looked at Rusty and saw he was holding his hand. He didn't say anything, but Rusty eventually noticed.

He pulled his hand back and blushed. Jack patted his head and smiled. Rusty then kissed Jack on the cheek.

Jack: What was that kiss for?

Rusty: Why do you have to be so handsome?

Jack: Is that the reason why? Me being handsome is the reason why you kissed me? You are just too adorable.

Autumn: Okay you two lovebirds.

Rusty: Sorry. I was in the moment.

Jack: We can tell.

Rusty: Oh hey Jack. I don't mean to bother, but your curse isn't bothering you anymore. Is there a reason?

Autumn: He did say someone was wearing a gray mask and he offered Jack a better life.

Jack: No. That's not the truth. You see, I encountered a spirit who said it would remove my curse and immortality.

Autumn: Why did you lie Jack? You could have just told me the truth.

Jack: To be honest, I don't know. I guess I just didn't want you to be mad at me.

Autumn put his arm around Jack's shoulders.

Autumn: I would never get mad at you for telling a lie.

Jack: You wouldn't?

Autumn: No. What kind of person would I be to do that?

Jack: I'm sorry. I guess I was being paranoid.

Autumn: There's no need to apologize.

Jack: Thanks Autumn.

Jack felt something on his chest and saw it was Rusty's hand. He was hugging Jack and blushing at the same time. Jack smiled and hugged Rusty back.

Then, Jack felt Rusty's hand touch his face and he kissed him on the cheek again. Jack was blushing a little, but it was seen by Rusty. He smiled and sat on Jack's lap.

Jack: Why are you sitting on my lap?

Rusty: I just thought it was comfy. Besides, I've wanted to know how this feels.

Jack: Okay, you know how it feels. Please get off me.

Rusty: Sorry, but not gonna happen. I hope you don't mind me sitting on you lap for the rest of lunch.

Jack: Oh no. Well, at least I'm not getting bullied anymore.

Autumn: That's true. Rusty, are you gonna tell Jack about those drawings you made of him?

Rusty blushed so much when he heard Autumn say that.

Rusty: How did you know about my drawings?

Autumn: Let's just say you left the drawing book on your bed. Curiosity got the best of me and I took a look at the pages. Gotta say, you have good drawings skills.

Rusty: Thanks.

Autumn: Oh yeah. I remember there was one drawing that had a piece of dialogue that said 'Pound me harder, Jack.'.

Rusty covered his hands in embarrassment. Jack blushed even more and looked away.

Rusty: Why did you have to say that?

Jack: Don't worry. We have a crush on each other anyway. There's no need to hide such things from me.

Rusty: I know. I was just afraid of how you would think when you found that out.

Jack: Well, I will say this though about that one drawing that Autumn was talking about. We can make that happen one day if you'd like.

Rusty nodded his head and looked at Jack.

Jack: See. There's no need to be embarrassed. If that's how you felt about me, we can make that come true.

Rusty: We'll have to do it when we reach the age of consent.

Jack: I know. I can wait until then. We still have 10 minutes left of lunch.