Chapter 47

Death Takes A Holiday

Dean was staring down the small windmill decoration on Cole's front porch. 

"It won't move if you don't concentrate." Cole told him.

"I am concentrating." Dean said, glaring at the decoration before blowing out a breath. The windmill spun a little. "Aha, here we go, baby." Dean smiled.

"You pull a muscle?" Cole asked. 

Dean scoffed. "Alright, Yoda, let's see what you got."

Cole stared at the windmill and it spun. The porch swing creaked as it moved back and forth. The wind chime clinked together.

"Dude! You are so Amityville." Dean laughed a little.

"It is pretty cool." I added.

"This isn't even the good stuff." Cole smiled.

____

Cole swung his fist, hitting Sam in the gut and making him groan and double over.

"If you wanna hit something, you gotta get mad." Cole told us.

"Yeah, got it." Sam said, standing up straight.

"Now you try." Cole turned to Dean. "Hit me."

"Ah, I think I'll just stick to picking on somebody my own size." Dean said. 

Cole slapped Dean across the face.

Sam laughed as Dean raised his hand to rub his cheek.

I bit back a laugh. "You okay?"

Dean gave me a look.

Cole turned back to Sam. "Hit me as hard as you can."

"Dude, I'm not gonna do Fight Club with a 12-year-old." Sam said.

Cole punched him, making his head snap to the side. 

Sam groaned, looking back at him. "Cut it out."

"Make me." Cole laughed, throwing another punch.

Sam blocked this one, throwing one of his own but Cole disappeared before he was hit.

Cole reappeared on the other side of the room.

"Whoa, whoa, you gotta teach us that." Dean smiled.

"Totally." I added.

____

That night, we walked toward the funeral home where the entire building was covered in glowing blue symbols that no human seemed to see.

"Place looks like New Jack City." Dean said, hand on my waist just like it had been since his hand stopped sliding right through me. His first course of action after getting his ability to touch back was to smack me on the ass, which wasn't as shocking as when he suggested we--and I quote--'try ghost sex.'

I told him he's out of control to which he replied with 'but how many times are we going to have the opportunity to have sex as dead people.' He used a similar excuse to get me to have sex with him in jail. Because how many times are a couple going to be arrested?

"Can nobody see this?" Dean asked.

"Maybe it's demon invisible ink." Sam suggested. "Only see it in the veil."

"Or it's a spell?" I shrugged. "What we should be asking is why the art project on the building."

"We'll find out." Sam sighed. We walked into the building, Sam going on direction and Dean and I the other.