Chapter 44

Sex And Violence

The music was loud as I sat next to Dean in the strip club. The air was hot, sticky feeling. I had taken off my jacket and blouse, leaving me in a tank top and the skirt I wore.

Dean's hand was on my thigh under the table, fingers brushing back and forth as he set the shot glass down. "Nobody's fault but mine." He named yet another song.

"Oh, oh, oh, uh, Zeppelin recorded it in '75, its a cover of a Blind Willie Johnson tune." Nick stated.

He was beginning to freak me out. He was...oddly similar to Dean. Same music taste, same car obsession, it's like he was made to be Dean's twin brother or something. Minus the looks.

I was itching to get away from him for some reason.

"Nice." Dean smiled.

"You Shook Me." Nick named.

"Ah, '69, debut album, written by Willie Dixon." Dean answered easily.

Downing a shot, I decided to use the last card I had.

"And...?" Nick asked.

"And what?' Dean replied.

"Written by Willie Dixon and J.B. Lenoir."

Dean smiled. "Dude. Dude. You know, for a fed, you're not a total dick."

"Aren't we both feds?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, no, I just... You know, not a lot of feds are as cool as us, huh?"

A moment passed as Nick nodded in agreement. I placed an arm around Dean's shoulder when Nick looked away. I leaned in close. "Why don't we get out of here, huh?" I whispered. I was praying this worked. "I'll give you you're own private show." I placed a hand at the top of his leg. "Whatever you want."

I felt Dean goes tense. "You make a tempting offer there, Angel. You got yourself a--"

"How does a girl talk four different johns into murder?" Nick asked suddenly, making me pull away from Dean as he looked back at us.

"It's a crazy world." Dean cleared his throat. "Listen, we have a thing to get--"

"I found something kind of weird." Nick stated.

I groaned. Of course he did.

Dean sighed. "Well, you have brought your weird to the right spot. Lay it on me." He told Nick, shooting me an apologetic look.

"I went to the crime scene this morning. Saw them bagging this up." Nick pulled an evidence bag from his jacket and placed it on the table. A purple/blue flower was inside. "So I went back through the files. It turns out a flower just like that was found at every crime scene."

"Like on purpose?" I asked. I'd seen that flower before though. I don't remember where.

"Sometimes a serial killer will leave an object behind, like a calling card, but with this case? To tell you the truth...I got no idea what's going on."

"I think I might. I've seen a flower like this before." Dean stated.

_____

Dean picked up his ringing phone. "Sam? Where the hell have you been?"

"With Cara." Sam answered.

"At least this one's alive....?" I suggested weakly.

"Oh, it's Cara now? And you're not picking up your phone?" Dean asked, eyes still on the road ahead.

"We were trying to find the blood samples. Someone stole them." Sam stated.

"Yeah, I'll bet." Dean remarked.