Chapter forty - Faerie.

Bluebella just stared, thinking that she could just pretend it wasn't happening.

But it was.

But how could she just be stupid? She knew he was coming, she knew what the price she would have to pay, and yet she stalled and stalled and stalled.

And now had to face the inevitable. 

Stiles looked between the two, a frown evident on his face. He wasn't sure what he was expecting when it came to Bluebella's father, but this certainly wasn't it. 

Although he stood taller than Bluebella, he wasn't very tall. His hair gave the impression of a halo around his face - ironic considering his evil nature. His eyes were pitch black, no pupil, and his teeth were sharp and pointed.

"Aren't you going to introduce us Bluebella?" The man mocked his daughter, the smirk never leaving his face. He walked towards Stiles, studying the boy with a raised eyebrow, before turning back to his daughter,

"You've certainly got a type," he drawled, and Bluebella took a protective step in-front of Stiles.

"What do you want?" she asked lowly.

The man chuckled. "To take you home dear girl," Although his words were sweet, the malice dripping off them was now, 

"You're not taking her anywhere," Stiles said firmly, taking Bluebella's hand. The Faery king just laughed hysterically, even going so far as to point and laugh at him.

Wiping a stray tear from his eye he drew himself up to full height "My dear boy what makes you think you'll be able to take me?" 

"He might not, but we can," came the voice of Derek Hale. Both him, and Scott had found themselves behind the king of Faerie, their teeth bared and claws out. 

Bluebella shook her head frantically at them, but even with her heightened powers, she felt the pure fear just freeze her to the floor.

Her father didn't seem fazed in the slightest, turning back to his daughter, a surprised expression on his face. 

"You managed to make friends?" he laughed "Well, you always liked to take in strays,"

Derek growled lowly at him, slowly stalking forward, hoping to take the king by surprise. 

"Well the, I suppose it wouldn't be fair to take you," The kind grinned "Alone at least. Why don't we show your friends what happens to faeries that disobey my orders,"

"No!" Bluebella shouted, running at her father with her hands outstretched "You can't - please!"

But it was too late. The King waved his arms in a circular motion, a golden light circling him, Bluebella and eventually Stiles, Scott and Derek. Stiles felt himself be lifted off the ground, the floating sensation making him feel a little sea-sick, before being plunged into darkness. The only thing he could hear was the mad King's laughter and Bluebella's screams. 

He landed to the ground with a harsh thud, as he rolled over groaning. Bluebella landed a few feet away from him, although she was lighter on her feet and quickly scrambled to grab her friends.

She gasped as a large spear pricked he throat, and she glanced over to where it came from. A tall knight (Tall by Faerie standards) stood at around  5'8, adorned in beautiful golden armour. 

Bluebella gulped, flinching slightly as the iron made her skin burn.

Stiles, Scott and Derek were still on the floor, all of them slightly stunned at was before them.