Chapter twenty five - Magic

"What do you mean Bluebella is going under?" Lydia demanded "She can't use magic!"

Deaton sighed "There's only a slim chance that these three will make it out alive, and an even slimmer chance that they'll be able to find them nemeton.

"But her family-" Lydia began but Bluebella cut her off.

"The nemeton is magic within itself. It's possible that it'll outshine my own, so my father won't be able to see me," she said, but her voice sounded unsure "I can't run forever,"

Lydia shook her head "And what's that got to do with me?" she asked, still not liking the plan. Bluebella sighed,

"I haven't used my magic in a long time, if I lose control I'll need someone to snap me back to reality. A tether."

Lydia shook her head "I don't know how," she said quietly, internally panicking.

But her plea was ignored, Bluebella turning back to face the three in the ice tub, the worried expression never leaving her face.

Hours had past, and the group were only becoming more and more nervous, even Deaton looked like he was about to pass out.

Bluebella was completely still, her eyes fixated on Stiles, the way he was laying in the tub and barely breathing.

"How long has it been?" Isaac asked.

"fourteen hours and sixteen minutes," Bluebella replied without missing a beat. Her knees were drawn up into her chest, and her eyes were down. Like she was preparing herself.

"And how long before Bluebella..." Isaac trailed off looking nervously at the faerie girl.

"Can you even turn?" Lydia asked "I thought you lost your powers tonight, on the full moon," 

Bluebella didn't say anything, kept staring ahead willing herself to be stronger, to be better. She knew the group didn't have much time, but something was pulling her back. 

She flinched at Deaton's hand on her shoulder. As looked up at him, her expression stoic,  Deaton didn't say anything, he didn't need to. He didn't have too.

She stood up, taking a deep breath. She closed her eyes, and kept them shut, her breathing getting quicker and quicker with each breath, as if she was panicking. She took a few shakey steps, Her hands slowly found themselves gripping Stiles' shoulders.

"What is she doing?" whispered Isaac slightly disturbed. Deaton waved him off.

Their attention was soon taken by a golden whisper, creeping its way out of her finger tips and snaking their way around the rest of her body, starting at her feet and winding their way up to around her neck.

Bluebella gasped, her eyes opening to reveal her deep black tunnels, her teeth sharpening into tiny spikes. She let out a terrifying roar, like a feral animal, but higher pitch. Like the mix of the banshee's scream and the werewolf's howl. 

Deaton stepped forward, his hands out stretched with a worried expression "Bluebella!" he shouted over the wind that the golden swirls were making. "Bluebella you have to find him!"

He turned to Lydia, who was backing away, terrified that her friend was being engulfed in what looked like golden snakes. 

"Bella!" she shouted nervously "Find Stiles!"

Bluebella's face snapped back to Stiles, the golden light slowing down slightly, retreating back to her fingertips. And then the light was gone, and she collapsed onto her knees breathing heavily.