Chapter thirty two - Brother

"You didn't wake me," Bluebella said crossly facing Stiles. 

It was early in the morning, and the two had been getting ready to face the school day. Bluebella had thrown on a pair of green joggers with a white tank top, much less dressy than her usual attire, but she simply wasn't feeling it. Her hair was in two messy braids, curls escaping them every which way.

Stiles, who was sat at the table devouring his cereal, looked up and shrugged. "You looked peaceful I didn't want to wake you," he offered and Bluebella sighed, sitting down opposite him.

"So Malia?" she asked, grabbed a piece of toast from the middle of the table "And why does your dad make this much toast in the morning to just leave it?"

"Malia's a girl again, she went back to her dad. Which means my dad is in the clear,"  Stiles said with a tired sigh. "As for the toast, my dad always used to make it for my mum in the morning, I guess he can't bring himself to not make her any,"

Bluebella slowly pulled the toast away from her mouth.

"No it's okay!" Stiles said "I think he likes the fact it's missing when he get's back - he knows it's not her but ...you know,"

Bluebella then began eating the toast, though it now tasted a lot more sad.

"Did you sleep okay?" she asked. Stiles shrugged

"No worse than usual, but I'm getting kinda used to it now," 

Bluebella nodded "Come on we should get going, we'll be late,"

Stiles complied, grabbing his car keys off the table before heading out the door. Bluebella followed, grabbing the last piece of toast as she left.

"How long have you got before your family?" Stiles asked suddenly after a prolonged silence "Just because we'll have to find an excuse for your absence," he added hastily.

Bluebella shrugged "My brother will probably send me a warning before they come, after that I'll have about six days...give or take. But I need to wait at least a week after the last time I used my magic - and we need to figure out what is wrong with you," she glanced at him, and noticed he was gripping the steering wheel rather tightly.

"I'll be fine," she reassured "My father is powerful, but lazy. When he can't find me right away he'll probably just lock me out of faerie,"

Stiles frowned "But then you won't be able to go home - ever,"

Bluebella looked at him with a slight smile "I am home Stiles, I have you - and Lydia " she added almost as an afterthought.

Stiles opened his mouth, then closed it, as a faint blush covered his cheeks. He shook his head, Bluebella was more complicated than a human girl, her kind words probably didn't mean anything.

Stiles glanced back at the road,

"Oh hell no," he said with a frown.

"What?" Bluebella asked straightening up. Stiles parked the car, and was already making his way over to the school.

Bluebella hopped out, following quickly after him, grumbling slightly as she did.

She stopped just behind him, and was amused to find the cause for his sudden disappearance. The twins, Ethan and Aiden, were talking to Scott, presumedly trying to get on his good side.

"You're back in school?" Scott asked them.

"No, just to talk."

"Oh. That's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing." Stiles said sarcastically, giving them an apprehensive look.

"You need a pack. We need an alpha." Ethan said, ignoring Stiles.

"Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though." Stiles injected before Scott could reply.

"You came to us for help. We helped." Aiden defended, giving Stiles a glare.