Chapter twenty - Transformation

Bluebella was feeling a lot less sleepy now Deaton had kindly graced her with faerie friendly iron supplements, which is why instead of sleeping at 10pm, she had decided to take up painting, painting her home in faerie. She supposed it was a way to stay connected to her past, as part of her was sad to see it go. She had painted the outside, the tall silver steeple that shone like the sun, barely peeking out of the willow trees that shaded the flowery sidewalk.

"What's that?" asked Stiles as he came into her room.

Bluebella's room was now fully decorated, her hanging chair was positioned by the window, her flowers dotted around the walls made it look like a small jungle. She had covered the carpet with an old sheet, that had been ruined with dots of paint. Her easel sat in the middle of the room as she remained seated on a wooden stool.

She turned round, glancing a him before returning to painting the little dots on the petals.

"Home," she replied "My home," she cocked her head at the painting.

Stiles stood over her, peering over her shoulder "It's beautiful." he commented. Bluebella smiled slightly,

"On the outside I guess it is," she said faintly "But everything is far too perfect. Like everything's been staged. Your world is far more interesting,"

Stiles felt his phone buzzed, picking it up instantly.

"Hey Scott what's up?" he asked. Bluebella heard Scott mumble something and Stiles hung up.

"There's been another sacrifice," he said "We need to go to the hospital,"

Bluebella nodded, carefully putting her paints away, before running out the room to catch up with Stiles. 

"So what are you saying?" Asked the Sherriff, a confused frown on his face.

Stiles and Blue had made it in one piece to the hospital, running over to where Scott, the Sherriff and Melissa were standing. 

"Hang on, hang on. They were both in the car?" Noah asked

"No, dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone." Stiles explained.

The sheriff pointed to the silver car that had somehow rolled in with no driver.

"So whose car is this?"

"Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The E.R. Attending is the one that never made it in." Melissa jumped in, carefully explaining

"Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right? Boys, give us a second." The sheriff said. Scott nodded, dragging Stiles over to the side with Bluebella. The three walked quickly to the other side of the hospital talking in hushed tones.

"These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asked worriedly. Bluebella nodded

"Yeah, it's one Deaton mentioned: Healers."

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died." Scott added

"Danny's not a healer." Stiles agreed.

"Maybe he knew something? He was doing an essay on currents" Piped up Bluebella but her answer was unheard, as Scott and Stiles were both listening to the radio.

"They found a body." said Stiles, glancing at his friend. Bluebella nudged Scott,

"I'd keep an eye on your mum. She would count as a healer,"

Bluebella knew she probably shouldn't but she slept like a baby that night, so much so that she woke feeling rather refreshed, taking the time to pack lunch, and wake Stiles up in time for school. 

She felt even more happy when she discovered that Mr Harris would not be teaching the class, although again she did feel a little guilty knowing that he had probably been sacrificed. But at least she didn't have to put up with him anymore.