Chapter sixteen - Lydia

Bluebella loved Lydia, she was her first ever female friend. Royal subjects tended not to have them. She loved Lydia because they could talk for hours about absolutely anything. Sometimes their conversations were intelligent, deep thinking and sometimes they were about nothing at all. They spoke of the supernatural, of dreams and ambitions, of past lovers.

But the thing Bluebella loved about Lydia the most was how strong she was, how brave. Bluebella she was fearless, but she admired Lydia's bravery. Bravery was stronger than fearlessness, Bluebella decided, as overcoming a fear showed a strength that she could not even imagine.

So of course when Lydia called, she came running,

"You okay Blue?"

That was Stiles. Bluebella admired how much her cared, for everyone including her.

 So as she sat in his jeep with her legs pulled up towards her, Stiles couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. That was the thing about Bluebella, he had decided, she was like his own personal mystery.

"Humans believed that faeries brought the supernatural on them, that we were the cause. That's why they burnt us, called us witches. " she took a shakey breath "I'm starting to think they were right,"

Stiles shook his head "No. No okay? All this stuff happened when Scott got bit. That was before you. And you're essentially human - you don't use your fully power so how can you put us in danger?"

Bluebella shrugged "Sometimes I wish I could use my magic. Make it all go away. I could heal people, I wouldn't have to worry about you and Lydia,"

Stiles sighed "You don't have to worry about us okay? Just because we're human doesn't mean we're defenceless,"

Bluebella said nothing as Stiles parked the jeep although a small smile graced her lips as he practically sprinted to get the door open for her.

"Let's go find Lydia,"

It wasn't hard to find her, her strawberry blonde hair bright in the darkness of the night. All thoughts of self inflicted guilt left her mind as she rushed over to her friend.

"Are you okay?" she  asked urgently

The other girl gave a shakey nod "I'm okay," she said before pointing behind her refusing to look "That over there? Isn't."

Stiles glanced at what she was pointing at, a tall lifeguard's chair, with a bloodied body slumped in it. He grimaced,

"Yeah, I'm going to call me dad," he said as Bluebella fussed over Lydia.

Lydia shook her head "I already called 911," she said.

Stiles stopped in his tracks a dumbfounded expression on his face. "You called the police before you called Blue?"

Lydia glanced at the concerned faerie "I'm supposed to call you first when I find a dead body?"

"Yes!" Stiles shouted without missing a beat.

"We should call Scott," Bluebella said finally. 

Stiles nodded whipping out his phone as Bluebella studied the body, not even batting an eye.

"How do you do it?" asked Lydia shakily "How can you stand to stare at it...him?"

Bluebella turned to her with a small smile on her face "I wanted to be a healer when I was younger, used to sneak into our med rooms and train. I've seen a lot worse than this,"

Lydia dared not ask what Bluebella had seen, the two focused their attention on Stiles who was frantically trying to explain the situation to Scott.

"Throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the frickin' shining over here. Two little twin girls
come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."