Chapter fifteen - Rescue Mission

It was well past Bluebella's  bedtime, and her mind felt like thick treacle. Even as she lay down, looking around the room, it was difficult to even muster the energy to speak as each of her thoughts came through what seemed to be a kaleidoscope of images. Stiles on the other hand, was clearly just a ball full of constant energy, as he rolled out the floor plan papers he had gotten of the beacon hills bank.

"Okay. You see this? This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here." he explained pointing at all the parts

"One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about 12 hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft
in the wall. Boom." Stiles looked proud of himself, but Scott remained doubtful.

"Can we fit in there?"

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely." Stiles said  "And they also patched the wall, obviously,
So we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit..."

"Look, forget the drill." Derek cut him off. Stiles blinked

"Sorry?"

"If I go in first, how much space do I have?" Derek asked, Stiles huffed a laugh turning to face the man with a bemused smile on his face.

"What do you... what do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

Derek sighed in annoyance "Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay, okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared. Big, bad wolf. Yeah, look at that." Stiles taunted before holding up his hand.

"Okay, see this? That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co..."

he was cut off by Derek giving in and punching his hand.

"He could do it." Stiles said between gasps of pain. Bluebella snorted from her dazed position on the couch.

"I'll get through the wall." Derek stated ignoring Stiles "Who's following me down?" 

"Don't look at me." drawled Peter, from his seat on the staircase.  "I'm not up to fighting speed
yet, and honestly, With Isaac out of commission, You're not looking at very good odds for yourself." Bluebella rolled her eyes, she knew she was flippant about death but at least she didn't actively campaign to let two teenagers die.

"So I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek snapped. Peter shrugged, unfazed by his nephews anger

"One of them is already dead."

Derek slammed his hands down on the table "We don't know that."

Peter clearly had had enough of Derek's almost optimism. "Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of alphas. All of them, killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha." He paused, his intense stare fading  "I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."

Stiles rolled his eyes "Could someone kill him again, please?"

Bluebella raised her hand "I volunteer," she said sleepily. Peter ignored them both, his eyes never wavering from his only family member. If Bluebella didn't know differently she would say that he cared.

"Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk."

"What about you?" asked Derek, turning his back on his uncle.

"Yeah, if you want me to come..." began Stiles

"Not you." Derek spoke over him, Stiles retreated pointing awkwardly at Scott, who was staring at the paperwork intensely.

"I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, We have to do something. We have to try." he said gravely.

Bluebella stood up, steadying herself slightly to overcome the dizziness. "I'll come to,"

Scott hastened to help her back down to the sofa "No offense Bells, but you're not exactly in a good condition. You should get some sleep,"