Chapter eight - right place right time

"Hope you don't mind but I usually eat dinner with my dad down at the station. So that'll be our first stop"

Stiles didn't know why Bluebella had asked to stay over. He had thought of many reasons. She lived alone being the biggest one. Perhaps she was scared that her parents were going to find her? Maybe Erica had freaked her out? Maybe Derek had said something to scare her? 

Nethertheless he was quite happy to have the girl staying over, as he too appreciated the distraction from his life.

Bluebella seemed happy, and that's how the three of them had their first meal together. The sheriff was at his desk, with Stiles in one chair unpacking the food, and Bluebella in another trying to figure out the rubik's cube.

Although Sherriff Stilinski was happy with the company he was less happy about the food before him

"Oh Stiles what the hell is this?" he asked, his face disgusted

"It's a veggie burger," Stiles' tone was a lot lighter than his disappointed fathers.

"I asked for a hamburger Stiles,"

Stiles shrugged "Well veggie's healthy, we're being healthy,"

The sheriff sighed in defeat, opening up his box of fried to reveal carrot sticks. "Ah hell why are you trying to ruin my life?" he asked despairingly.

"I'm trying to extend your life okay? Can you just eat it please? And tell me what you found?"

Noah looked at Stiles, slight disbelief written across his face "No I am not sharing information with a teenager"

"Should have just kept quiet and looked at the board behind him," Bluebella said not looking up from her colourful still mismatched cube.

"See Stiles? Why can't you just keep to yourself like Bluebella is doing?" the sheriff asked

Stiles shrugged "Probably because I have solved that cube a hundred times,"

Bluebella looked sharply "You can solve this?"

But Stiles was still looking at the board "I see arrows, pointing to pictures..."

"Avert your eyes Stiles I'm not telling you anything, In fact I'm going to cover up this board,"

Bluebella was back at her rubik's cube "There's a link between the victims. All three of their birthdays are on that board. They were all 24 when they died. Except Isaac's dad, but judging by the file marked Lahey that you dad stashed away as we came in, I'd say Isaac has a relative who is, or would have been 24 as well. That's the connection between the victims,"

Stiles and the Sheriff both turned to her with their mouths open. She looked up and gave them a quick smile before returning to the cube puzzle.

"On second thought don't be like her. I will be in a lot of trouble if you end up like her," the Sherriff leaned back in his chair.

"Well," spazzed Stiles "Is she right?" 

Noah sighed "Yes. All the victims are the same age, and it's Isaacs brother who died in combat who would have been 24 as well,"

"What if same age meant same class, did you think of that?" Th two Stilinski's were now stood at the board, studying it as if it were their lifeline. Bluebella was still unbothered, more concentrating on the fact a cube was beating her.

"Yes, well...I mean I would have I just got Layheys file two hours ago," The sheriff looked sheepish that his son was figuring this out quicker.

"Two hours? Dad people could be dying!"