Chapter nineteen - Motel

As the bus pulled up, Bluebella scrunched her nose at the dingy motel in front of her. It looked like it had been abandoned, yet the lights were still flickering away.

"I've seen worse." offered Scott.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles remarked back, equally as disgusted as Bluebella. The two had still not spoken, neither one knowing what to say to the other, yet the stood besides each other ignoring the tension between them

"Listen up." called the coach  "The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely."

Lydia and Allison grabbed Bluebella's arm, yanking her to stand with them.

"You can share with us," said Allison. Bluebella nodded gratefully. 

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!" The coach yelled at the retreating students. 

Bluebella turned to Lydia, who had still not moved from her position. The strawberry blonde was stating at the hotel in contempt.

"Lydia?" Allison questioned.

"I don't like this place." Lydia said shakey slightly. Allison laughed.

I" don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night."

Lydia froze "A lot can happen in one night."

"You still haven't spoken to him??" Allison asked incuriously. The girls had now situated themselves on the bed, and Bluebella was being interrogated on why she had not spoken to her spastic friend.

"You can cut the tension between you two with a knife," Lydia added, looking up from her nails.

Bluebella sighed "I feel bad, a blamed him and it wasn't his fault. It's just out of everyone I thought at least he would tell me the truth"

Lydia snorted "Because you like him,"

Bluebella shot her friend a look "No,"

Allison shook her head "Doesn't matter, you need to talk to him." she said gently, before pushing Bluebella off the bed. "Right now," she giggled.

Lydia joined in, pushing a protesting Bluebella out the door.

"Don't come back before you two kiss and makeup!" Lydia called out.

Meanwhile Scott and Stiles were laid on oppersit beds, staring at the ceiling trying to think of possible suspects.

"All right, so I have five," Stiles finally said. Scott raised his eyebrows impressed,

"Five You have five suspects?" he asked,

"Yeah, it was originally ten. Well, nine technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice."

There was an awkward pause before Scott spoke up "So who's number one? Harris?" he questioned. Stiles nodded slightly,

"Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead." he commented a matter of fact. Scott didn't look convinced.

"So if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices." He stated. Stiles cocked his head slightly, his lips pursed.

"Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head." he admitted.

"Well, what if it's somebody else from school?" Scott tried  "Like, you remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people."

Stiles shot up, a look of disbelief written all over his face. He turned to Scott, offended. "Excuse me? I'm sorry, what? I... yes, we did. I called that from day one, actually."

Scott snorted  "Yeah, but we never really seriously thought that it was Matt." He laughed but Stiles still looked even more offended about his friend's lack of faith.

"I was serious. I was quite serious, actually. Deadly serious. No one listened to me." He defended, Scott decided to drop the subject.

"Who were the other four?"