Chapter thirty one - Sleepwalking

It was well into the early hours of the morning when Bluebella finally heard the front door. 

She hadn't moved from the living room, her discarded painting littering the floor, and she had no motivation to pick them up. Not when there were other things to be worried about.

No, this time she was curled into a ball on the sofa, her face buried in a thick, and clearly aging book. The yellowing pages did not hold any English words however, and Bluebella found herself struggling to translate her own language.

"Stiles is on his way back," she heard Noah say quietly as he came into the room, "What you reading?" 

Bluebella glanced up to see his face, noticing how visibly worn he looked. "The results?" she asked, her voice shaking a bit.

Noah sighed heavily, shaking his head. Bluebella pursed her lips, moving up slightly as he sank onto the sofa next to her.

"It's no good, the scans are inconclusive, but the doctors say it's highly likely," he showed her a picture from his phone "Thing is, I've been writing all the symptoms, and they match his mother's exactly,"

Bluebella shook her head slightly, fighting with herself whether or not to tell the Sheriff the truth. On the one hand an incurable disease held no hope whatsoever, but a possession of an evil spirit didn't hold much either.

"Noah?" she asked timidly "If...if there was a chance Stiles didn't have this, but had something...more supernatural would you want to know?"

Noah hesitated "Can this supernatural thing be cured?"

"Possibly. But the one person who can cure it doesn't know how," Bluebella said in a small voice. 

The Sherriff turned to her, looking at her with almost begging eyes. "Bluebella, if you know something, anything that might be able to help I would want you to tell me. No matter what,"

Bluebella shrank in her seat slightly. "I think Stiles is possessed by a wandering spirit. A spirit that was cast out of Faerie years ago, maybe even centuries ago. It feeds of strife, and pain, and can make things appear not as they seem. But...I'm not sure how to go about getting rid it,"

The Sherriff sighed "Have you told Scott? Maybe he could help,"

The girl shook her head, her fingers twitching over the pages of her book "That's the thing Sherriff, every single manual says you need to kill the host. And I don't..." she trailed off, looking down slightly.

Noah patted her shoulder "Scott would never let anything happen to Stiles, we all know that," he reassured but Bluebella didn't look convinced. "You and Scott love Stiles so much, he's lucky to have a couple of hero friends like you," he added, smiling faintly at her.

She closed her book with a sigh, moving it onto the table in-front of her, before pushing herself out of the sofa to go back to her room.

"That's the thing Mr Stilinski. Scott's a hero. And Hero makes sacrifices. If it came to between Stiles and Beacon Hills he seems like the kind of person to make the sacrifice," 

Noah looked down, his brow furrowed slightly, and his heart sinking when he realised Bluebella may be right.

"And what about you?" he said 

Bluebella smiled softly "I am no hero. I would burn the world to the ground to keep Stiles safe"

Noah blinked "You can do that?" he asked uneasily. She grinned up at him mischievously,

"No, but I was really good at blowing things up as a kid,"

The quite thud of the front door closing made Bluebella's smile fall almost instantly as she practically dropped her book on the floor, jumping out of her seat.