Chapter 34

Teng Yingzhi lingered upstairs until Luya greeted Mr. Teng before going downstairs.

The custom in Beijing is to sweep the tomb on the morning of the second day of the Lunar New Year. The earlier the better, so every year on this day, the old man goes to the cemetery early in the morning. He could see that He Ji intended to introduce Lu Yu, but it should not be chosen at this time. Mr. Teng was immediately unhappy and would not let Lu Yu say a few words either emotionally or rationally.

Lu Yan also noticed Mr. Teng's indifference and immediately left voluntarily.

On the way to the cemetery, his grandfather, who had always been tolerant and gentle to him, was unsmiling and his eyes were slightly serious. Only then did He Ji realize why and was secretly annoyed.

Teng Yingzhi was naturally in the same car as Teng Song, and the atmosphere here was much more relaxed than the silence and depression of Grandpa and He Ji.

He played his favorite songs in the car and chatted all the way.

Probably because neither of them had ever met the old lady or gotten along with her, so they naturally didn't have too much affection. Even when they went to visit the grave, there was no trace of sadness, and the topics were all about light things.

Teng Yingzhi feels that he has become much closer to his brother recently. In the past, his brother would come to see him on the 14th, stay for a week, and then leave without any further contact.

We have been together for more than half a month this time, and it turns out that frequent contact can quickly shorten the distance between people.

Soon we arrived at the cemetery, and there were many people around. Mr. Teng walked in front in silence.

On the tombstone is a photo of a very young woman, in her twenties. The black and white photo cannot hide the beauty of her gorgeous face. She passed away in the most beautiful appearance at the best time in terms of age, career, marriage and family.

She left behind a husband who missed her all her life and thought about her hard for decades, but could not see her again.

Mr. Teng's usual good health has disappeared. Crouching in front of the tombstone and stroking the photo of his beloved wife, he is clearly just a rickety old man with gray hair.

His shoulders shrugged and trembled, and he sighed sadly.

Teng Yingzhi stood aside and watched. He was obviously in a calm mood before coming, but now he was infected by this sad emotion, and his eyes turned red silently.

His mind suddenly became very confused, and he thought of Song Tian who died on New Year's Eve.

After a while, this sad atmosphere was interrupted by Teng Ruicheng and his wife who came to visit the grave. Teng Ruicheng had never seen his mother, but at this time he burst into tears, almost wailing.

Mr. Teng wiped the corners of his eyes, his shoulders and back no longer trembled, and he squatted in front of the tombstone without moving, leaving only a thin back to everyone.

Teng Song had been standing quietly, and then he shouted in a low voice, "Shut up!"

Teng Ruicheng choked, and He Xitang turned to look at Teng Song in surprise. Can't a husband cry for his own mother? Does Mr. Teng find it unpleasant to see the two of them take a breath now? There is something like this?

"Let's go after paying homage!" Teng Song scolded, his eyes more serious than ever before.

Mr. Teng remained silent, holding on to the tombstone and silently turning his back to them. From the time the couple came here to now, the old man has not even turned his head.

They were dissatisfied with Teng Song's scolding and did not dare to contradict him. With Mr. Teng's attitude at this time, they did not dare to say anything more. They had sensed something.

The couple hurriedly burned the paper money and did not dare to say a word after kowtowing in front of the tomb. They were almost led away by Teng Song's eyes.

He Ji couldn't even say a word to his parents. He moved on his toes, but in the end he didn't follow and stayed in the same place.

But Teng Song put a hand on Teng Ying's shoulder, and his voice lost its sternness and became gentle and calm. "Grandpa, let's go to the temple to burn incense first. Please pay attention to your health."

"Go." Mr. Teng said in just two words The words and the voice are also trembling.

Teng Yingzhi knew it and didn't say anything. She bowed and followed Teng Song away. He Ji still didn't understand. Grandpa was so sad that he couldn't control himself. He wanted to stay here with the old lady for a while, so he immediately followed Teng Song and left.

Several people arrived in two cars, and the driver must stay at the cemetery to wait for the old man. He Ji watched Teng Song and Teng Yingzhi get into the car, gritted his teeth and followed them, opened the back door and got in. He politely said, "Brother, please give me a ride."

Teng Song responded lightly.

Teng Yingzhi's eyes were still red. When she was fastening her seat belt, she glanced at He Ji with her peripheral vision. She didn't know what he wanted to do. It was obvious that her parents hadn't gone far either. They were all going to the temple to offer incense to the old lady. He Why don't you take their car?

Of course he didn't ask, nor was he in the mood, so he just sat quietly in the passenger seat.

The old lady's memorial tablet is enshrined in a Taoist temple at the foot of a nearby mountain. Every year after sweeping the tomb, she has to go to the temple to offer incense and worship.

The Taoist temple is not big, but there is an endless stream of pilgrims coming and going, and it is very prosperous.

The old lady's tablet is placed in a separate temple, far away from the pilgrims, without any disturbance.

After the family worshiped quietly, Teng Ruicheng and He Xitang were finally able to talk to He Ji for a few words. At the Taoist temple, he heard his parents saying that they wanted to take He Ji to worship at the seat of a very efficacious deity. Teng Yingzhi stood quietly aside and pretended not to hear.

After a while, the family of three went to worship the gods.

Just as Teng Song came out after offering incense, Teng Yingzhi looked up and asked him, "Mom and dad took He Ji to worship God. Brother, are you going too?"

"You want to go?" Teng Yingzhi seemed to not believe this.

Before Teng Yingzhi could say anything, he heard the vibrating sound of his phone. He saw his brother glance at the phone and said to him: "It's cold outside. Come back to the car and wait for me."

Teng Yingzhi nodded, put his hands in his pockets and left first. .

When passing by Yuanji Hall and meeting the pilgrims who came to worship the gods during the New Year, Teng Yingzhi heard two girls walking in front talking excitedly.

One of them said: "You are the only one who is willing to come with me. It is really effective here. All the wishes I made last year have come true this year. I am not lying to you!" The

other girl said timidly, "I didn't believe this before. Wouldn't it be too utilitarian to come here to pay your respects now when you have something to ask for?"

The girl from before said with a smile, "So we are mortals, why would gods care about us mortals?"

Really? Teng Yingzhi thought silently, why would the gods care about him?

Perhaps it was that very effective sentence that attracted him, a person who was ups and downs in the water and realized that he could not escape the fate of drowning. Teng Yingzhi followed the two girls silently, thinking that it would be good to have a glimmer of hope, hoping that the gods could Forgive him for his unknown sins.

He followed the girls into a temple that was crowded with people. There was only one statue inside, a kind-faced old man with a red candle in his hand?

Teng Yingzhi really couldn't tell which Taoist deity this was, and he was surrounded by devout pilgrims, so he was too embarrassed to step forward and ask. After lighting the incense, I knelt on the futon and remained silent for a long time, not knowing what to ask for.

He thought of the old lady and Song Tian. They had such a good family background and appearance, and their parents loved them so much. It could be said that they had everything that ordinary people could not imagine since they were born.

A good life should be smooth sailing, but fate plays a trick on people. One died in childbirth at the age of 25, and the other died of illness at the age of 20.

The same is true for him. He was born into a family at the top of the pyramid, with a dazzling appearance and a hairpin that flickers to the moon. Although he has never enjoyed the love of his family, he has always been in good health and has a lot of money and food. He also has his own destiny.

No amount of wealth, no matter how high the power, can't dissolve it.

Perhaps this is what is called giving and receiving, but unfortunately fate never allows people to choose.

Teng Yingzhi closed her eyes and prayed earnestly in her heart.

Want to live.

He has the favor of his elder brother and the favor of his grandfather. It took him only two lifetimes to get this little. He really couldn't bear to let go and give it back to He Ji.

Others bowed with great expectations and sincerity on their faces.

Teng Yingzhi worshiped God but almost burst into tears at the end of her eyes.

He put in the incense and waited for a while before leaving. As soon as he went out, he saw Teng Song in a suit and leather shoes. His figure was like a bamboo tree in the stunning eyes of passers-by. He raised his eyebrows and smiled: "Are you here to pay homage to Yue Lao?"

Teng Yingzhi I was stunned for a moment, then turned around and saw the words Yuelao Temple on it!

"..." Teng Yingzhi's sadness was so shocked that it dissipated without a trace.

So the statue is not holding a red candle, but a handful of red thread? ! He blushed furiously, ran back to Teng Song quickly, and hurriedly tried to drag him away from the scene. He

stumbled and said, "No... no, I just saw a lot of people coming to pay their respects and join in the fun!"

Only then did I understand why the people who came in and out of here were all young men and women, and everyone's eyes were full of love...

I shouldn't have just followed the people in front of me and walked away!

How could it be Yuelao Temple! Does Yue Lao care about his wish? !

If Teng Song didn't follow his strength, Teng Yingzhi, a slender Omega, couldn't pull her away. At this time, she could only blush and beg him in a low voice: "Brother, let's go..."

If he didn't leave, he might He was so ashamed that he couldn't live anymore and died suddenly on the spot.

"Why don't you go? Wait for me. I'll go and pay my respects too." Teng Song said and really walked in with long legs.

Teng Yingzhi quickly let go. He didn't want to go in again. At the same time, he was very surprised when he saw his brother's tall figure walking into Yuelao Temple.

Brother wants to worship Yue Lao? Do you have a sweetheart?

There were also many people speculating at the scene. As soon as Teng Song appeared, the flow of people nearby quietly became denser, with their eyes wandering and whispering to each other. He is as handsome as a banished immortal, confounding all sentient beings and seducing the world. He also has a cold and noble aura that overwhelms people. It is like a fictional dream shining into reality. No man or woman can see it without being moved.

Until he entered the temple, everyone around him sighed in disappointment.

Worshiping Yue Lao means you have someone in your heart.

This kind of person, who at first glance seems to be unattainable and powerful, actually has times when he cannot be loved.

Teng Yingzhi pulled up her scarf to cover her reddish cheeks and waited quietly outside.

Teng Song came out after a while, took the hand of a beautiful young man behind the crowd in full view of the crowd, and strode away.

"Brother, what wish did you make?" Teng Yingzhi couldn't help but ask after finally leaving the crowd.

He remembered that there seemed to be no one around his brother in the original book. Of course, it was also possible that He Ji acted as a supporter every time he appeared. There was not much writing, and he did not know whether there was anyone there.

But after two years of getting along with each other, Teng Yingzhi can be sure that her brother currently doesn't have anyone to date.

"What wish can you make by worshiping Yue Lao?" Teng Song lowered his eyes and looked at him.

"Are you unable to love her, or are you still pursuing her?" Teng Yingzhi asked curiously.

Teng Yan frowned slightly, "What about you? What wish did you make?" Teng

Yingzhi pulled down his scarf, revealing his fair and charming face. When he spoke, small balls of mist came out from his bright red and moist lips, and he pinched The strength of holding Teng Song's hand became stronger.

He smiled and said: "My wish is that I hope my brother will love me for a longer time."

Teng Song: Get Yue Lao a golden body immediately!

Updates have been very late recently, so don't wait, I will update regularly and frequently after spending the holidays with my friends! She probably looks like the 8th or 9th. She will go back to school to answer her defense on the 8th.

Thank you to the little angel who irrigated the nutrient solution: just in case 12 bottles; devil. 3 bottles of Wild and Feasting on Big Fish; 1 bottle of I am Big Cute;