Chapter 22

The two of them hardly spoke on the road. Teng Song always only showed his gaze and rarely spoke actively.

This time, I came to be Teng Yingzhi's driver and focused on driving. The aroma of Omega peach wine beside me showed my excitement. Teng Song knew what he was enjoying, and the corners of his lips curled up unconsciously.

Shiyuan was not originally called Shiyuan. It was a private garden with a poetic name and no one lived there. Old Mrs. Teng's nickname was Fang Xiaoshi. She often came here to escape the summer heat. She would also run here when she had a fight with her husband. She loved this place very much. He died in childbirth when he was young. Mr. Teng missed his beloved wife, so he moved to the garden and renamed it Shiyuan. He planted many persimmon trees, which produced abundant fruits every year.

The reputation of Shiyuan Garden is second to none in the country. The layout of the mountain islands, bamboos, and pine hills is dense and natural, and the water is vast. The attics and pavilions are built around the water, and the corridors are connected. There is an old man living alone, and cats running around everywhere, as if A paradise dream that transcends the world.

Teng Song drove the car directly to the courtyard set up in the north and stopped in the driveway. In front of him was a small Chinese-style classical building with four floors. It was brightly lit and waiting for the two of them to arrive.

"Mr. Teng, young master." As soon as the two got out of the car, a servant came up to greet them and said, "The old man is waiting in the tea room."

Before the servant, there were several cats that were not afraid of people, including cow cats, three There are tabby cats, lion cats, and so on. They are raised so that their fur is shiny and smooth. They parkour in the garden every day. Their bodies are well-proportioned and fit. At this time, they are meowing around people with their tails raised. There were several white cats squatting on a lush persimmon tree in the courtyard, mixed in the snow on the branches. The cats' pupils reflected the light and they looked over curiously.

There are incense burned by the incense master throughout the garden. It is said to be a scent that can make cats feel happy and relieve anxiety. When mixed with the cold air, it makes people feel happy.

Teng Yingzhi casually picked up a cow cat and hugged it, and followed Teng Song into the lobby on the first floor.

The servant carried his suitcase to the room. Teng Song gave instructions to prepare dinner. Just as he was going to the tea room, he saw Teng Ying holding the cat in one hand and taking off her coat with difficulty, but refused to put the cat down.

He looked at it for a while, and finally reached out helplessly to help him take it off.

In the tea room, the old man was dozing off. He looked a little thin, but his features did not look kind. His age of several dozen years could not hide the edge of his youth. The orange cat nestled on his lap made him gentler. many.

"Grandpa!" Teng Yingzhi hugged the cat and ran to the old man to sit down affectionately, giving him a cold hug.

Old Man Teng opened his eyes in surprise, with a smile on his face, "Oh, you kid, you want to scare your grandpa to death."

His voice not only woke up the old man, but also woke up the orange cat on his lap. The cats seemed not to be dealt with and rolled together to practice boxing. The old man stretched out his legs to separate the two cats. Immediately, a servant came in from outside and took both cats away.

Teng Song did not participate in the quarrel between his grandfather and grandson. He sat elegantly across the tea table and poured soft water into the tea. Mr. Teng patted Teng Yingzhi 's head

lovingly and was about to say something when his eyes suddenly changed. He smoothed away the broken hair on his temples and asked in a deep voice, "What's wrong with your face?"

There was a layer of green shadow, and no palm marks could be seen. He hesitated and looked at Teng Song for help, not knowing whether he should tell the truth.

He was afraid that his grandfather would be angry, and he was also afraid that He Ji would have a seizure with him later.

As a result, Teng Song ignored him at all and went to make tea and wake up without even raising his eyelids. The overhead light cast a faint shadow on his forehead, and he closed his dark eyes indifferently.

His attitude was very obvious, let him handle it by himself. As for what to do if he didn't handle it well...

Old man Teng saw Teng Yingzhi's evasive eyes and looked to the other side, mistakenly thinking that it was Teng Song who caused it, and immediately became furious, "You're so stupid You bastard, how dare you do something to your brother!"

Teng Song still didn't react. He blew on the hot tea and looked very calm.

Teng Yingzhi was startled, and now he could only tell the truth quickly, "No, grandpa, it was the second brother who beat him, and it has nothing to do with him!"

Mr. Teng understood immediately, "Is it because of the walnut cake thing?"

"Grandpa... you also know?" Teng Yingzhi was slightly startled. In the original plot, grandpa didn't know what happened after He Ji came into the house, because he didn't care about anyone in the manor, whether it was the original owner or the newly recognized one. He Ji.

After all, he has changed some things. After all, he has really established a relationship with his brother and grandfather in the past two years.

"I know, why don't I know? I don't know what your idiot dad is doing?" Mr. Teng had long been mad at that worthless traitor. "He didn't dare to say that He Ji had done something to you. It's been so long. He's still hurt. He's angry with you."

Teng Yingzhi pursed her lips and said after a moment of silence, "It's okay, grandpa. It's all a misunderstanding. The second brother thought I gave him walnut cakes on purpose. That's why he was so angry... ...And my brother has already punished him."

"Misunderstanding? Does he know that he is allergic to walnuts? You still misunderstand, you..." Mr. Teng raised his hand to hit him, but saw Teng Yingzhi lowered his shoulders. His head was being scolded, like an innocent little sheep. Suddenly, her life experience changed. Her father didn't care for her, and her mother didn't love her. After suffering all the grievances, she couldn't bear to leave.

Mr. Teng sighed: "Your dad is stupid. Your mother is not that smart either. She gave birth to the child through hard work in ten months of pregnancy. She wants to love her own child. No one can stop her, and it's hard to say anything to her... ..."

Teng Yingzhi leaned on Mr. Teng's shoulder and listened quietly. After the initial period, he no longer feels so uncomfortable when he mentions his parents' biased attitude. Grandpa knew his grievances and protected him, which made him very happy.

The servant came to tell him that dinner was ready. Mr. Teng had already had dinner, so he also went to the dining room to talk with him.

He Ji was not picked up that night. When asked the next day, Mr. Teng was not happy and asked him to come back on New Year's Eve. This is the same as the plot, because there is no emotion, but after all, he is a biological grandson, and he naturally wanted to see him when he was found, so he picked up the two children the day before New Year's Eve.

I spent this year in Shiyuan, and some things happened in the original comics.

The person that the original owner Teng Yingzhi admired in his heart was his eldest brother Teng Song. He Ji knew about it in the previous life. During the time in Shiyuan, the original owner did some secret tricks to Teng Song, and He Ji only remembered this. That night, when the original owner went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, he secretly opened the door of Teng Song's room. The two rooms were close to each other. The original owner saw the door open in a daze, walked into the wrong room and climbed onto Teng Song's bed. , which alarmed Teng Song and kicked the original owner out of bed.

Teng Song's disgust for the original owner became deeper and deeper. The original owner was worried and very sad throughout the Chinese New Year. He hid in his room and saw no one. However, He Ji left a deep and good impression on his grandfather.

After lunch, Teng Yingzhi held her cat in the courtyard and basked in the sun, making her dizzy. While going through the plot, she began to sigh.

He has to seduce his brother, climb into bed at night, and get kicked... God really doesn't like him.

In the past few days before He Ji's arrival, Teng Yingzhi spent most of the time happily, except for occasionally worrying about the plot. During the day, I would take a walk with my grandpa, drink tea, and roast sweet potatoes by the pond. At night, when my brother came back, he would play games with him for a while. He would sleep until he woke up, eat when he woke up, and play after eating. It was so comfortable.

Finally, New Year's Eve arrived. Probably because it was a dramatic day, Teng Yingzhi didn't sleep well and woke up early.

He walked out of the room in his pajamas and wanted to go down to see if He Ji was here. When he reached the stairs, he suddenly heard his grandfather's somewhat unhappy voice coming from below.

"You are a victim, but that does not mean that Yingzhi is a vested interest. He has lived in the Teng family for so many years despite your identity, but that is not his independent choice. He also has his own grievances. In one day His parents are no longer biological, and he is no longer related to anyone in this family. He can't do anything confidently, and he has to bow his head in front of you. If he grew up next to his biological parents, he would not have to suffer this. "Are you aggrieved?"

"Yes, Grandpa..." He Ji stood aside and listened nervously.

Teng Yingzhi sat down on the stairs silently, feeling very moved.

Grandpa saved face for He Ji. There was no servant downstairs, so he only spoke to He Ji. Mom can move out, or let Yingzhi move to my place, and we can live in two separate families. No one has to see anyone else, let alone anyone to be angry with anyone."

"I know, grandpa, Yingzhi and I just had some misunderstandings at the beginning. "He Ji was shocked and very nervous.

He couldn't understand more and more why his grandfather and eldest brother, who had ignored their small family in the previous life, were so attracted to Teng Yingzhi... It shouldn't be like this!

"It's best if you think so." Mr. Teng said in a bad tone, "Since Teng Song has already punished you for attacking Yingzhi, I won't say anything more, but don't let this happen again! "

Yes, Grandpa." He Ji's voice was trembling.

Teng Yingzhi hugged his knees and fell into a warm emotion. He stood up and wanted to go back to the room, lest He Ji see him and be resented again later. Unexpectedly, as soon as he turned around, he bumped into Teng Song, who was wearing a pure black nightgown, standing behind him expressionlessly.

"Ah!" Teng Yingzhi was startled by him, and he slipped and was about to fall downstairs.

Fortunately, Teng Song had quick eyesight and quick hands. He took one sharp step forward to hug the man back, then took two quick steps back to lead him away from the dangerous stairs.

The two of them were close to each other, their breath almost indistinct. Teng Yingzhi suddenly felt that the glands on the back of his neck were a little warm and itchy. Before the thought could form, he was interrupted by his brother's scolding, "I'm in a daze so early in the morning!

" The old man's voice came, "Why are you making such a fuss?"

Teng Yingzhi hurriedly pushed away Teng Song's broad chest and loudly complained, "No, it was my brother who scared me on purpose!"

Teng Yingzhi glanced at him and shook her head. Teng Yingzhi took the lead to go downstairs, followed by Teng Yingzhi, unconsciously covering the weird back of his neck and feeling worried.

No way... His birthday has just passed a few days ago, and his first passion is about to come?