Chapter 30

Christina

I tried to pull away from Jonathan, but he held me in place with his hands on my waist. Logan looked like he had blown a fuse or two. I struggled in Jonathan's hold harder, but the bastard made no attempt to let me go.

"What's going on here?" Logan growled, with his eyes fixed on me.

"Christina told me the meeting was not scheduled for another half hour," Jonathan said, then pulled his hands from around my waist.

My eyes shot to Jonathan. What the hell was he saying? When did I tell him that the meeting was not scheduled for another half hour? What was he trying to imply here?

"Why are you lying?" I cried out in agitation.

Logan's deep brown eyes burned with rage, and his chest heaved as he struggled to contain his anger.

"Out," he roared.

I was not sure if he meant me or Jonathan and, hence, kept staring at him in bewilderment.

"I told you to leave," he snarled at me when he noticed me still standing at the same spot. 

I didn't need to be told twice and dashed towards the door. What would he say to Jonathan? What if Jonathan lied about me? Logan was beyond furious, and I shivered with dread, wondering what he might do to me.

I went to the pantry, shut the door, and leaned against it. Placing my hand on my chest, I took deep breaths to calm my racing heart. I couldn't believe what just happened. How could I let Jonathan harass me like that? My body clamped down at his unexpected actions, and Logan had chosen that exact moment to enter.

Wiping the beads of sweat that accumulated on my forehead, I poured myself a glass of water and gulped it down. Logan surely must be thinking that I was nothing but a whore who didn't hesitate to sleep around with men who came my way?

Jonathan only worsened the situation by lying, and I had no idea what more lies he could spew to Logan. He thought that Logan and I were fucking each other, but he didn't have the slightest idea all Logan wanted from me was vengeance.

I would have stayed locked up in the pantry if not for someone knocking on the door. Turning the lock, I opened it and found Anna. She looked at me, then around the pantry with a sharp gaze, as if trying to search with whom I was locked up inside. When she couldn't find anyone else, her gaze returned to me in confusion.

"Sorry, I had a panic attack," I lied.

"Ohh, are you okay?" She asked in a concerned voice.

Anna was one of the better female employees of the company. She didn't hate me as much as Cynthia and her minions, but she didn't like me either.

"Yeah, I am better now," I replied and excused myself.

I still needed to attend that meeting. Logan would not like it if I wasn't present. When I entered the conference room again, it was empty. I checked the time, and there were still a few minutes for the meeting. I finished the other arrangements and waited for everyone to arrive.

The meeting went smoothly, and I didn't see Logan and Jonathan for the rest of the day as the former left shortly after the meeting. While Jonathan stayed confined to his office. It was a relief he didn't ask for me, and I prayed that things continue like that.

I didn't get lucky the following day as Logan asked me into his office just before the office hours were about to end. 

"You asked for me?" I knocked and entered his cabin.

"Yes, come in," Logan replied.

I halted in the middle of the room, waiting for Logan to tell me why he called me.