Chapter 46 - 'The Wild Gentleman'

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 46! Some secrets are finally unveiled.

On a side note, I've tried adapting Sergei's way of speaking to a portray something like 'old upper class bourgeoisie'. Let me know if there's any part I can improve upon.

See ya on Friday!

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance!

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

'Ben Parker, a former Special Forces' Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

************************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

As the two were walking toward the entrance, Adeliya reminded him. "Demian, you've got to be careful about what you say in there. The people from that side tend to be a tad unpredictable..." Nodding his head, he replied with a smile on his face. "Don't worry, Aunty. I'll let you speak. I'll just act like your bodyguard." Returning a smile, she declared. "Let's do that, then." Following her words, they arrived at the door before pushing it open, unveiling the scene beyond. Leaving the city's clamor outside its walls, the bar was filled with soft conversations, along with some jazz music playing quietly in the background.

Despite the door briefly opening, no external sound pervaded the building, and even the discussions happening around seemed indistinct, even if the young man focused on them. The interior design was similar to its external appearance, with a Victorian look all around, the counter being on the left side, with many private booths located on the right, a fair distance away. What was slightly perplexing to the young man was the fact that their occupants' shapes seemed somewhat indistinct in the subdued light illuminating the establishment. However, he put that peculiarity on the low lighting without thinking too much about it. Especially since knowing the reason would only satiate his curiosity, but give him no true advantage.

Shoving that thought to the side, he focused his gaze on the last feature of the establishment, which was a discreet staircase at the room's back. It seemed to lead upstairs, but, similarly to the previous booths, no details were visible from his location, even with his great eyesight. Despite the apparent peaceful atmosphere, the strangeness of the place raised Demian's vigilance instead of eliminating it. Knowing that his current strength was insignificant against many people out there, Demian was aware that anything unknown could become a threat, and needed to be guarded against. At least, to the best of his capabilities. As for the things he could do nothing against? He would just push it out of his mind. That was the wisest thing to do.

While the young man was briefly lost in his thoughts, an unknown male voice resounded from behind the counter, startling him awake. "Good evening and welcome, Miss Mikhailov and Mr. Mikhailov, to my humble establishment. May I interest you in some refreshments before we move on to the reason behind your visit?" Moving his gaze toward the source of the greeting, he spotted a man standing behind the previously empty counter. The 'bartender' blended perfectly with the bar's style, with his light-brown three-piece suit in tweed, his thin mustache, and, his slick black hair. The 'friendly' smile he wore completed the picture perfectly giving him an image of a harmless handsome man who would be incapable of harming a fly.