Chapter 5- Determined to grow stronger

[Re-Edited: 29/03/2024]

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V

After leaving the room, Demian started to ponder on what steps he should follow next as his mind unconsciously noted the several bedrooms and bathrooms sprinkled here and there in the long corridor he was currently standing in. With a wry smile painting his face, he mumbled. "I wonder how many of my previous life's apartment I could fit just on this floor. And there's still the first floor downstairs..."

Chuckling briefly, he thought. 'I gotta say, for all the terrible stuff that happened to me and my family in my current life, the fact that we've got so much money is... very nice, to say the least.' Pausing for a brief moment, he then added. 'What was the quote again? It's better to cry in a Ferrari than on a bicycle...? Something like that.'

Shaking his head, he shoved that thought to the side and began walking toward the staircase leading to the first floor. From time to time, some small creaking sounds coming from the lacquered hardwood floor resounded in the empty hallway, distracting the young man from his thoughts. After arriving at the top of the stairs, his gaze fell on the young woman lounging on the couch downstairs.

The petite redhead had a book on her lap and seemed focused on it as her hand was roaming around one page after the other. Staring at her, he fell into a slight daze while his mind suddenly brought up old memories. Among them, one stood at the forefront. 'Three years ago, we all lost so much...' He thought gloomily for a moment before being interrupted by Seraphine's melodious voice.

"What are you doing staying up there, Mom? Did Demian wake up?" Her voice was filled with concern for his well-being, bringing unconsciously a joyful smile to his face. Walking down the stairs as quickly as possible without falling, the brown-haired teenager exclaimed playfully. "It's not Aunty, Sis! I did wake up, by the way. Are you happy or are you happy?"

Completely opposite to the simple teasing reply he expected, the woman froze for a brief moment as his words reached her ears. She then threw the book from her lap which, thankfully, avoided any fragile objects on its way to the floor. As soon as the item was out of the way, Seraphine moved her slender but toned body in his approximate direction, while her arms instantly opened wide in a seemingly desperate bid to embrace him.

Now, if it was him from his previous life, it would just end up with him embracing her back and that would be the end of it. Unfortunately, he could easily tell that his current body would not be able to take the collision, despite the redhead not trying to hurt him in any way. And, as expected, as soon as she made contact with his torso, he toppled over backward with her falling alongside on the thick and fluffy white carpet.

'Thank God for the carpet!' He thought as his breath was cut off for a few seconds from the shock before he could finally exclaim, half-joking, half-serious. "Sis, you could have gone easier on me, you know?" However, his words seemed to have fallen on deaf ears as some muffled sobbing noises started coming from her trembling body.

Her crying grew louder when his arms encircled her slim waist while his right hand started stroking her hair gently. Letting out a sigh, he then whispered some comforting words, trying his best to alleviate her sorrow. "I'm okay, Sera. You don't have to worry anymore. From now on, everything's gonna be okay." His voice, coupled with his gentle gestures, seemed to have an effect as the volume of her sobbing and the degree of her trembling slowly decreased, allowing the woman to regain her calm.