Chapter 14 - I trust you

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

Turning away in a slightly stiff manner, she took off her mitts, grabbed her clothes, and left the Gym after leaving some words. "I'll cook something. Go take a shower." Those words made a warm smile appear on his face, helping him fend off a bit of his weariness.

"I wish she could have helped me with taking my gear off though... It's gonna take me forever to do it myself with how tired I am... Whatever I guess..." He muttered before chuckling wryly and going on to attempt the difficult feat of removing his practice gear with his shaky hands.

The next two weeks were pretty much a repeat of that day, with a workout session before breakfast, followed by a sparring/training session with Brynhild until lunch. After two hours of rest, Demian focused on learning Chinese until his brain could not take it anymore. Fortunately, as his strength increased, the difficulty in studying and training decreased as well, making the situation more bearable for him. After dinner was an hour of guitar learning, followed by two or three hours of leisure time before going to sleep, rinse, and repeat.

'God! I feel like I'm going nuts. Thankfully, I've planned to just rest today. I desperately need the rest to keep me sane.' Feeling worn out, Demian lazed around on his bed for the first time in a while, fiddling with his phone in the hope of entertaining himself. Unfortunately, he quickly grew bored after 20 minutes of meaningless scrolling, mumbling in disappointment.

"Dang it! My mind is tired, but my body and brain are full of energy... Forget it! I'll just see if someone else is awake..." Looking at the time displayed on his bedside clock, he added. "Although I doubt that anyone is awake at 5 A.M." Standing up from his bed gracefully, he approached the full-length mirror hung on his wall.

After a quick examination of his body, he nodded in satisfaction. 'I really reached a similar level as in my past life in just four weeks... This speed is insane... Especially since it's a holistic improvement. If everything is taken into account, I guess that my current body is better than my old one... I'm also taller, although that may not account for much...'

His muscled frame was objectively more harmonious, his physical traits seemingly tending toward a sort of balanced 'perfection' that included every single part of his body from his head to his toes. Even those old scars that covered almost every inch of his skin had started to fade, the shallowest of them even giving way to unblemished and lighter skin.

His bone structure also improved, his facial bones seemingly shifting to a sharper and more distinct masculine visage. Despite the lack of clear color change, his eyes seemed to have gained a depth that was previously absent. Taking the sight of his own body standing at 1m79 (5ft9) with unruly brown hair possessing a healthy shine to it, Demian felt his confidence in himself and his future soaring greatly.

Looking at his hair, a thought came to his mind. 'Since I was balding in my previous life, I might as well go the opposite route in this one. I'll try having long hair then!' Chuckling at his decision, he took a random pair of sports shorts and a casual shirt from his dresser before putting them on.

While dressing up, he mumbled. "Thank God for having thought of ordering some bigger-sized clothes. Otherwise, the result would've been pretty embarrassing." Pausing for a second, he added in an afterthought. "I wonder how much I'll keep growing though. I might have to change clothes again if it's a lot."