Chapter 16 - Simple plans are always the best

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

His sigh was so fake that the two women giggled even harder, relaxing the former tense atmosphere. Unlike what he showed them, Demian could not help but be nervous about the whole thing. After all, he was not safely tucked under his blanket at home reading a novel where the protagonist of said novel was the one living those adventures.

It was HIM in danger this time. Him and two of the three people he cared about the most. Not that he cared about anyone else, but that was not the point. Sure, he had been trained by his cousin for this kind of encounter, especially knowing what could happen with that Petrovich bastard affair.

He knew where to hit to hurt people badly but... It had only been two weeks. Two short weeks. Again, he was learning combat at such a monstrous pace that his oldest cousin had to increase the training difficulty at a much quicker pace than she originally thought. But it did not change the fact that he had no 'hands-on' experience. He never fought against anyone with his life on the line before. His, his Aunt's, and his younger cousin's...

So, yes. He was nervous. Thankfully, he knew what the stakes were and with his monstrous potential, he also understood that those 'weak' goons and that Petrovich trash would be his first test. His first hurdle on a long, thorny but extremely fulfilling path.

'Nothing better than doing it for real to learn quickly, isn't there?' He thought wryly. Focusing on his breath to calm his nerves, he still did not forget to keep a lookout for the Toyota, all the while opening the Russian version of Google Maps on his smartphone.

Studying the map, he looked at every intersection around their building, noting where the red lights were situated and refining their plans. After less than two minutes, he shared with the girls the path he decided on, making sure that Adeliya knew what to do.

Nodding her head at his question, she turned briefly toward him with a confident smile on her face, before her eyes moved back to the road, while some words escaped her beautiful red lips. "I've had to operate on literal brains in the past, so a bit of car chasing seems slightly lacking in terms of difficulty, at least in comparison."

Feeling dazzled for a second by her confident grin, he shook his head to remove any stray thoughts from his mind. His facial expression turning serious, he declared. "Alright, then. I'll rely on you Aunty." Grunting in assent, the trio then fell into a focused silence, waiting to reach the location where they would start their plan.

A bit more than 20 minutes later, they were closing on the targeted location. Turning his head back to look through the tinted rear windshield, he shared with the other what he saw. "The Toyota is 3 cars away from us." Adeliya added. "And the next red light is green."

Nodding to her statement, a small smile appeared on his face. "Perfect condition. You know what to do, Aunty." Chuckling slightly, she replied while mirroring his smile. "Slow down to time our arrival when the red light turns red and then stomp on the gas pedal. Easy."

Joining in their conversation, Seraphine said, amusement obvious in her voice. "Listening to the two of you makes me feel like we're in a spy movie. It's so exciting." Shaking his head with a wry smile on his face, he replied. "It's not a game or a movie, Sis. Those goons are dangerous and we need to be careful about what we do."