Chapter 45 - Appointment with an information broker

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 45!

I just wanted to thank all of you who read this novel and my fanfiction. You guys' support means a lot to me and it had helped me tide through some rough patches. You're awesome people. Never doubt it.

In any case, I'll leave you with the last free chapter for this week!

Enjoy!

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance!

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

'Ben Parker, a former Special Forces' Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

************************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

An hour and a half later, Demian felt that his body was good enough to resume sparring. Although still bruised, the pain was almost gone and his stamina was completely restored. To be frank, he even felt a minute increase in his strength, making him realize that fighting seemed to be more efficient than a plain workout. At least when it came to growing his physical attributes.

When the young man shared his discovery with his two cousins, Bryn claimed. "It's probably because fighting forces you to use every muscle in your body along with your bones, nervous system, etc. Not only that, but the movements are irregular and explosive, meaning that the demand for your physique is much higher."

Nodding his head to her words, he replied. "So, that's why!" Pausing for a second, he added with a playful grin. "I guess you'll have to accompany me for a bit longer, Big Sis!" The tall woman looked visibly exasperated by his childishness but did not comment. However, Sera was different. Tapping his shoulder softly, she remarked. "Stop teasing my innocent big sister, Babe!"

Her comment made him speechless for a brief moment before he retorted. "Weren't you the one teasing her before?" Giggling slightly the young woman replied. "I don't know what you're talking about..." Before quickly leaving the room. Since her power-up, her spatial awareness became visibly stronger, allowing her to move around without too much problem. At least in a known environment like the penthouse.

Now that the two were alone, the young man noticed the irritation painted on his older cousin's face. 'I'm gonna get hurt for this...' He thought wryly, although a bit amused at how easily flustered the muscular woman became since his recent physical and mental changes.