Chapter 6 - A relatively broken perk

[Re-edited: 03/05/2024]

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V

Before his feet brought him too far, his rumbling stomach reminded him that he had eaten nothing since the previous day. From the memories floating around in his head, he was not a big eater in his current life and would usually not feel much difference if he skipped a meal. This time, however, the impact seemed to be much higher than normal. His whole body felt sluggish, while his mind had trouble focusing on anything too complicated. 'I gotta get something in my stomach or I can probably forget about doing any workout.' He thought as his body naturally moved toward the open kitchen. After a quick examination, he grabbed several foodstuffs before setting everything on the dinner table and settling in the seat in front of it. "Crap, I forgot to make myself some coffee." He mumbled before standing up again and preparing himself a cappuccino. 'Money may be the root of all evil, but having enough of it to have a coffee machine capable of making cappuccino at home is still great.' He commented inwardly before chuckling discreetly.

Around twenty minutes later, the thin young man was done with his breakfast, coffee included. Patting his slightly bloated stomach, he mumbled with puzzlement. "That's weird..." Indeed, the quantity of food he had just ingested was the equivalent of around three times compared to what he was used to eating, and the only visible effect was his flat stomach bulging a bit. Shaking his head, he tidied the table before walking toward the gym room. He had an inkling that his Physiology Perk may have been the culprit, however, having no concrete proof, he simply decided to let it go and focus on what was truly important, and, in that case, it was the door in front of him. Taking a deep breath, he grabbed the handle and pushed it down intently while muttering. "It all begins now... Let's do this!"

Pushing the door open, his gaze fell on the massive room behind it. With some quick calculation, Demian found that around a third of the first floor was solely taken by this room. And, that was with their penthouse being already massive. At least, it was for his lower-middle-class memories from his previous life. Thinking about all the different bedrooms, bathrooms, office rooms, etc. scattered in the 'apartment', a wry thought surfaced in his mind. 'I guess that my previous poor financial state limited my imagination...' Slapping his face gently with his two hands, he exclaimed. "Money is not what I should think about now! Focus, Demian! Focus!" With his mind and body working normally, now that he was full, he could finally decide how to start this workout session. "Let's see..." He mumbled while his gaze started roaming around the room, noting every machine, dumbbell, etc. available.

Once having made the inventory of the staggering amount of possible exercise he was able to do thanks to the equally staggering amount of items around, he started pondering out loud. "Let's think about it logically. The only Perk I can use here should be my Equalized Adaptive Physiology. The rest have other uses." A few moments later, he started walking toward the dumbbells rack, or more precisely toward the lighter weights section. Standing in front of the lightest dumbbell he could find, his hands then swiftly grabbed two 1KG weights and started doing biceps curls. 'If what the Entity said is true, not only should every part of my physical prowess improve with any exercise I do, but my talent should also increase... With how weak and untalented I currently am, I'd be screwed if he lied to me.' He thought as the strain in his arm muscles started growing more and more.

'I've really fallen. 1 kg weights and I feel like I'm lifting 15 kg weights... I really can't wait for the time I reach my previous level, or even go beyond it!' After his two upper limbs started shaking as if they were about to fall off, the young man set the weights on the ground to recover his stamina. While his body was sweating massively to cool down his inner temperature and his lungs were akin to an industrial vacuum cleaner with how much air was inhaled and exhaled, the young man recalled the few specifics the Entity shared about his Physiology Perk. 'If what he said is right, even if I just work on one aspect of my body, all of them should increase equally... The brokenness of this Perk is insane... But then again, it would depend on the amount of progress I make for a particular amount of effort I put in. Also, I'm pretty sure that those cosmic entities would be able to obliterate me with a thought, so that's relative...'