49- don't think orange is your colour

Following John B's brutal and illegally violent arrest, the pogues attended his court hearing. The whole situation was fucked, everything was unfair. Thomas took his anger out on the wrong person, beat up an innocent 17-year-old because the police believed who had the money, not the truth.

Stevie didn't sleep that night. Despite always feeling safe in JJ's arms she couldn't switch her mind off, a habit she was developing. The thought of John in prison didn't fit in her mind. He wasn't prison material. She went through her head of every prison film she could think of and panicked that he'd get beaten up or be lonely, or hated by the other inhabitants. She also felt sick that other inmates might like him, telling him that he did the world a favour. Congratulate him on a murder that he didn't commit

They sat in the pews of the courtroom, the breath had been knocked out of them seeing John B in an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. Kie had Sarah's hand the whole way through. JJ noticed Stevie's constant leg jogging and her picking at her nails, small signs showing her stress, he subtly lowered his hand on the top of her thigh and rubbed in soft slow circles, stopping the jogging completely.

The teens tried to listen to the whole thing, however, courtroom lexis was not their speciality. "You are charged with murder in the first degree," The judge said, something that they understood although it made them feel sick. Stevie wanted to shout and scream but all that came out of her was a whimper and a tear, "If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty,"

All air was knocked from her lungs. Death had never felt so inevitable. The teens were in a constant cycle of death and finally, it caught up to them. Dead at 17 for a crime he didn't commit. The clamours around faded into generic murmuring and all Stevie could hear clearly was her own shaky breath.

"He's 17," She muttered in disbelief, loud enough for JJ to hear. People dared to fucking smile. Proud of their justice system. JJ shook his head, getting closer and closer to bursting.

"Your honour, he's 17!" he shouted as he stood up, reiterating what Stevie had muttered. People tried to shush him but JJ was always stubborn, "No! He's 17!"

They can't kill him. They just can't

"Evie?" JJ asked as the five walked out of the building to a chorus of idiots claiming 'justice had been served'. She didn't say anything but hug him like she was going to lose him.

"What if they kill him?" Stevie took a step away from JJ and looked across the rest of the Pogues, all in complete disarray.

"I'm sorry for what you and your family have gone through," Stevie overheard Ward's lawyer. Stevie used to be feisty, she would fight anyone or anything, this was the first time since losing her dad and potentially losing her brother she showed that fiery energy again.

"Can you please shut up!" Stevie confronted the Camerons and their lawyer. "His family? Yeah, his family must be having a shit time," Stevie scowled with sarcasm, "you are a murderer." Stevie stated point blank, earning gasps from the crowd," And your son's a murderer too. You want to pity his family? This man killed my father and has framed my brother for a murder he didn't commit. He's destroyed my family. You are going to let them kill an innocent 17-year-old for money you don't deserve. What happened to you Ward? He was your friend! And you killed him!" Stevie shouted with tears in her eyes, the same eyes of the man that Ward killed, with the same eyes as Big John, "you respected my brother! You liked him! You gave him a job! And you're going to let them kill him!"

"I understand you're upset," Ward's soft voice felt like poison.

"Fuck you!" Stevie lunged at the man, "I'm more than upset" She went for him but her attack didn't last long as she was quickly pulled away by police, handing her roughly.