37- i have a crush on you too

They waited a few minutes, staying on guard and watching to see if anyone came whilst Kie and Pope continued their plan to reach Sarah. They heard the whole situation, the drunken confession and Kie's shutdown. It made their insides reduce. Stevie felt so bad for him knowing that he had liked her for a very long time.

"Everything okay?" Stevie asked apprehensively when the two came back over the fence.

"It's fine. Sarah had nothing to do with it," Kie said with no emotion, her mood completely dropped. "Let's leave."

"Ok but where are we going," JJ asked slightly confused as they walked back to the car," Can't exactly go to the Chat,"

"I have an idea," Kie said before turning the car on.

Thank god for Kie's parents owning other property on the island. It wasn't exactly a hotel, there were no beds or duvets, but it would work.

"There are some benches and sofas," Kie pointed around the restaurant for places to sleep," I'm gonna take the sofa in the office, I'm too tired,"

Before she left to sleep, Stevie enveloped her in a soft hug. She hugged her around her shoulders and held her for a second. "It's okay if you don't like him," Stevie whispered before breaking the hug and smiling at her.

Kie needed to hear it. She was overwhelmed with what she thought she should do and what was better for him and the group rather than the way she actually felt. Stevie's reassurance took weight off her shoulders.

Pope shortly after slipped away to find some sort of comfortable sleep situation leaving JJ and Stevie alone again. "I'm never gonna sleep, am I?" Stevie laughed at the circumstances.

"Nah what you talking about, you'll sleep great in my arms," JJ smirked whilst Stevie rolled her eyes, "I'll lay on my back and you can use my chest as a pillow."

"JJ, you religiously sleep on your front," Stevie laughed.

"That's creepy," JJ smiled back as he began to sit on the wide cushioned bench the two were gonna share.

"It's really not. You sleep everywhere," Stevie pointed out that she had seen him asleep in almost every room of the Chateau as she sat down next to him, "I know you're more comfy on your front,"

"Don't be silly," JJ's arms wrapped around her as he pulled her down so her head was resting on his chest. "I'll sleep amazing now," he whispered as he started playing with her hair. After a few moments of silence, JJ spoke again, "I have a question."

"Yeah," Stevie murmured half asleep.

"You don't have to answer, but what happened with Rafe?" JJ asked softly and Stevie's body tensed up. He couldn't see it but the smile dropped from her face. She took a second before sitting up with her legs crossed on the bench they were lying on. Not a moment after JJ did the same. "Evie?" JJ offered support.

"It's fine," Stevie shook her head before turning around to face him. His face was soft and slightly sleepy, and she trusted him. He only asked because he cared about her. "You know Rafe and I always used to talk at parties? He always turned up and I ended up talking to him- normally to avoid you. When we were at the boneyard I was sort of by myself and like always he appeared, and we spoke, and he got me a drink, and we went on a short walk just talking. He sometimes would get kinda flirty but I really wasn't that interested but I still tried to be nice, he's really scary when he's angry."

"So we were sitting looking at the sea and I started feeling way too drunk. Drunker than the amount I had drinken. He must have put something in my drink or topped it up with something, I don't know but noticed I wasn't right and desperately wanted to get out. That's when I looked over at you. You looked so angry. I tried to stand up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. He's bigger than I am, stronger. And he kissed me," Stevie's eyes slightly watered, "then I ran away and just didn't want to be in my body. So I drank until I couldn't. Until you stopped me."