24- starstruck

"Thanks, Kie but I'm gonna head home." After JJ's arrest, Stevie spent the day with Kie on the beach. They mainly sat and talked. Kie helped calm Stevie down from her panic and upset about JJ's arrest. And they slagged off the boys for being stupid, "I'm in desperate need of some clothes."

"You sure it'll be okay?" Kie asked worried DCS will find her.

"Yeah, I'm like a ninja. They won't know I was there." Stevie stood up brushing the sand from her (JJ's) clothes.

"If you need to, you can stay at mine." Kie offered the girl, "You never fail to make sleepovers interesting."

"Yeah, I'm sure your parents love that." Stevie knew that Mike and Anna didn't really like the girl or the boys, they didn't hide it very well. Peacefully, Stevie made her way home. When you're alone you can absorb the stuff around you in a different way than when you have four crazy friends hunting treasure around you. Song of birds tweeting and whistles of leaves against the wind sounded a lot nicer than JJ bullying Pope about not smoking.

Walking with her head in the clouds, Stevie didn't notice the police car or JJ until he whisper shouted hiding behind a shed. "Stevie!"

"Oh my god, Jesus." Stevie jumped when he called her name, "You scared me. Are you okay?" Stevie remembered his brush with the law.

"Fine, except in crippling debt." JJ joked with a wonky smile. Then Stveie noticed. Bruises and cuts.

"What happened?" Stevie asked seriously.

"Well, Peterkin showed me this..."

"No." she stopped him, then gestured to his face, "What happened?"

"Oh you know, Rafe and Kelce at the fight." JJ lied but it didn't work. Unbeknownst to either of them Stevie had stared at his face long enough to know they were new. She furrowed her eyebrows not needing to say anything to show JJ that she didn't believe him.  "It's fine"

Stevie didn't have time to protest before she saw her brother walking up to the house in the same way she did. Although this time he didn't whisper yell. JJ ran up to up and tackled him down resulting in a squabble on the floor till he realised it was JJ and he saw Stevie watching unimpressed.

"See that?" JJ showed the siblings the car posted outside the Chateau, "they're watching us, okay?"

"Who?" John B asked to which JJ didn't have an answer. The three walked into the marsh to avoid whoever was watching them so they could get around to the dock. The marsh wasn't too deep. In parts, you could walk pretty confidently in other parts the boys were unto their chests. "You're soaking." John B winced once they had made it onto the boat. JJ and John B were able to keep most of their torso dry, unlike Stevie.

"I had to swim," Stevie complained, "I'm too short to reach the bottom"

"Loser," JJ muttered, laughing slightly, which he retracted when she saw Stveie whip her head around and scowl at him. "Sorry." he held his hands up.

John b carefully drove the boat away from the Chateau and towards a part of the abandoned wall, away from any surveillance. It had been almost two days since Stevie had seen her brother and they were eventful days, to say the least.

"First, we almost got strangled to death by Kooks, "JJ stated explaining, "and now I'm on the hook for 30 grand."

"You should've let me take the fall," Stevie felt guilty that JJ has to come up with all that money.

"Yeah cos you have a spare 30 grand," JJ said sarcastically. "We should all dip."

"Where do you want to go?" John b looked unconvinced which didn't help an agitated JJ. Stevie sat on the top of the wall trying to avoid getting involved in the argument about going to Yucatan or staying to find the gold.