28- I like this girl...

The teens scoured the basement for any sign of water or gold but it appeared to be another dead end. It didn't make any sense as they had followed perfectly what the letter had told them. It didn't help that Kie and John B spent time arguing over Sarah rather than looking around.

"Why are there so many mosquitos in the basement?" Stevie asked herself as the group started getting bitten over and over, resulting in Kie and John B childishly hitting each other. The mosquitos kept playing on her mind, there had to be water for them to live down there, and by looking at Pope his mind was asking the same questions, "Pope. How are there mosquitoes if there's no water?"

"We've missed the water," Pope concluded. "There's water here, we just haven't found it."

When they turned back around to see JJ who was showing Mrs Cain's creepy doll, Stevie's eyes drifted downwards, focusing on the floor. There were planks on the floor. With gaps. "Pope." She muttered to the boy next to her and he watched and listened closely as she dropped a small rock between the planks.

"Oh, my god." Pope smiled when he heard a splash a few seconds later. Abruptly and loudly, the two started moving and pushing things so they could get to the planks to lift them up.

"Woah woah." John B scolded them for the noise. But once he realised what they were doing all of the teens joined in as they uncovered a well hidden under the floor.

"Well, well, well," Pope joked

"Good dad joke." Stevie smiled back.

***

"Oh hello," Stevie greeted Sarah, who was sitting on the back porch of her house. Stevie had just come back from a shift at work and was perplexed to see Princess Kook at her house, "Funny seeing you here."

"I know." Sarah laughed, "I've known you for 5 years and you've never invited me."

"It took you screwing my brother to come and visit?" Stevie laughed, joking with the girl. "What are you doing here?"

"He didn't tell you guys did he?" Sarah rolled her eyes at John B as he came out of the house, onto the porch with the two girls. "You didn't tell them?"

"It'll be fine." John B brushed the potentially awkward encounter between his friends and girlfriend off. It made him feel better that she got on with his sister. "Here they are." John B moved on and focused on the boys coming off of JJ's bike.

"What?" JJ looked confused as he came into the porch, sharing the same expression with Pope.

"Just sit down." Stevie took a seat next to him as they waited for Kie, "Kie's gonna be livid." She whispered to the blonde next to him.

"No effing way!" Kie shouted when she turned the corner to see Sarah sitting on the sofa. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

John B looked around for support from the others but Pope gave an unconvincing shrug and JJ only cared about the money, "Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this," Pope said awkwardly.

"When are you not?" John B retaliated.

"I dunno. I rode on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably," Pope snapped back leaving JJ in the middle of the argument.

"It's the most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ sounded high.

"That's not helping, dude." Stevie rolled her eyes at the blonde. Stevie was trying to stay as neutral as possible but she didn't like how brutal Kiara was being.