21- her towel-clad body

Pope dropped Stevie off so she could go to work which JJ didn't feel great about because he wanted to look after her but she was insistent that she was fine. Little did she know that whilst she was working, Pope was sinking Topper's fancy boat.

"Hey!" Stevie yelled from the shore with her board in hand. After work, she went home to find a note from John B telling her the Pogues had gone surfing so she grabbed her stuff and rushed to the nearest beach. She could see all her friends out on their boards, bobbing in the water and nothing could hold her back from running to them.

"Here she is." Kie looked excited to see the girl.

"Ready to show JJ he's not the best surfer in the OBX," Stevie laughed.

"Oooh is that a challenge I hear?" JJ splashed her with water before swimming up to surf the next wave.

They surfed for hours, Pogues in their natural habitat. There wasn't much competition between JJ and Stevie, he obviously won but he thought the challenge was cute. He watched her like he was looking at the whole world. Everything he could want.

"What happened here?" John B noticed Stevie's bruises on her neck and face once they had gotten out of the water and into the twinkie to go home.

"Oh nothing," Stevie lied,  "I just got hit with my board I think." She lied well and John B would have believed her except he didn't understand how her surfboard could hit her in the neck like that. It was possible but weird.

"Do you really think it's out there?" Pope asked. The sun had set and the Pogues sat looking at the stars in the hammocks behind the chateau. "Like no bullshit?"

"Our dad thought it was," John B looked at Stevie.

"But do you?" Pope continued. "Stevie?"

"I think I do." John B replied optimistically and waited for Stevie's response.

"I think there's at least 74% chance it's there." Stevie laughed. She didn't think her dad was alive at all but maybe he left a legacy for the two. Maybe after all their fighting he left her the clues to becoming rich.

"We're gonna find it, you know," Kie said with a positive outlook. "Even JJ believes."

"Oh my god! JJ do you really believe?" Stevie put a silly voice on to mock the boy sitting in the hammock across from her. For a second he just let himself admire her. When they were arguing he forgot just how funny and silly she was. He forgot how fun it was just to be near her. All the reasons he liked her in the first place.

"Are we talking about four mil?" JJ asked absentmindedly.

"Four hundred mil." The four other pogues corrected him. Smiles grew on their faces as the huge amount of money started to make sense in their head. The money would change their lives.

"I'm gonna dream about..." He stumbled as he looked into her enchanting eyes, "...shipwrecks."

***

The following day, as the weather was not too bad, the teens took Heyward's boat out to the coordinates. The plan was finally coming together piece by piece. They had the map, the coordinates and the drone. The last thing they needed was to find the merchant.

"To going full Kook." John B smiled as he lowered the drone. Pope watched from the screen connected to the camera hoping to find any sign of the boat but all he could see were fish. JJ was left in charge of steering the boat, keeping it in the right place which caught the eye of Stevie. Something about his expertise was attractive to her, his calmness as he followed John B's orders, the ease when he steered the boat. It was close to distracting her from helping Kie