5- don't say bestie

The five approached the coast guard with high expectations and the hope of some sort of finder fee. However, the teens were not the only ones that the storm had affected.

The shouts and screams from petty islanders could be heard from metres away from the coast guard's office as people yelled for attention.

"Well, that went well," Pope sighed walking out of the office unable to take the attention away from the lady raving about her diabetic dog.

"So what's the plan," JJ turned to John B, knowing that he was going to come up with the plan as usual.

"I think I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat," he said casually holding up the motel key showing it to Pope, Kiara and Stevie

"No No No," Pope immediately protested, not surprising anyone. "We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyones"

"I'm in," JJ said immediately, not even letting Pope finish before he agreed. It was in JJ's nature to be impulsive. He took the keys out of John's hands and threw them towards Kiara's hand to catch

"Come on. I'll be lookout," she said with a grin looking at Pope to get him to join in. This kind of surprised Stevie as she was definitely the next most concerned about doing dangerous things after Pope.

Obviously, JJ was first most likely to do dumb shit, then Stevie, then John b, then Kie and finally unsurprisingly Pope.

The 5 walked back along the rickety pier back towards their humble boat whilst Pope still looked seriously against the idea.

"Finder's fee. Just saying," John B tapped him on the shoulder as he walked past trying to swooze him over. That left just Stevie and Pope.

Pope knew he couldn't say no to Stevie and desperately tried to avoid her eyes out of fear of caving in. however it didn't last very long as she walked closer to him and smiled making him crumble. The glance of his best friend made him weak. "Hey you'll only be an accomplice," she said with a smile. Grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the boats.

"I hate you," he said, mad that she didn't even try but still managed to convince him.

"You love me," She beamed. "We're besties"

"Don't say bestie"

The journey over to the motel was plain and uneventful. JJ stood next to John B as he drove the boat whilst Kie sat at the front. Stevie quickly got bored and forced Pope to play I spy with my little eye and word association games. Stevie was terrible for being left alone. She always needed some form of entertainment and got bored too quickly.

The 5 were shocked as they saw the motel on the horizon. It looked like shit, driftwood and tree branches were strewn everywhere whilst the strong smell of dampness filled the air. Patches of water damage plagued the walls and trees had fallen left, right and centre. It was never a pretty building but at the moment it looked like it had been abandoned for years.

JJ whistled with shock at the building, although he couldn't say much as living with him was like living with a hurricane. Stevie had never seen him pick up a cloth in her life. She was incredibly messy too but she didn't mind her own mess.

"I thought the Chateau looked bad," he commented on the horrible looking building in front of them.

"This place looks like a shit show" John B joined in on commenting on the motel.

"Hotel or meth lab?" Kie said, making Stevie laugh lightly.

JJ stood up with the rope ready to moor the boat whilst they investigated however they were still too far from the land.