9- Please don't die

After careful consideration from the siblings, they decided it would be best to not try and investigate the boat. They had too much on the line and whatever was in that boat was probably not worth it, they thought. They assembled their friends in the garden of the Chateau to tell them that it was not likely they were going to go back to that boat.

"Look im callin' it off. All right," John B told the group as he walked out into the garden where Kie was playing the bongos on the porch and JJ was throwing rocks for the sake of it.

"Peterkin said if we stay out the marsh she'll help us with DCS," Stevie justified John B's previous statement. Pope doesn't seem to mind but it was clear that JJ was against the idea.

"And you believed her?" he asked Stevie condescendingly. The Pogues didn't have a lot of trust or respect for the police and they knew that but that was before it got serious for the siblings. They had never had a reality check that hard before.

"yes," Stevie respond sounding frustrated with the blonde as usual, "I believe her, JJ"

"An actual cop, John B?" He threw another rock in the direction of the marsh, "I'd understand if it was just Stevie being naive but you too?"

"Shut the fuck up," Stevie was in no mood to mess around with JJ. The usual bickering was too much for her right now. "You have no idea what you're talking about"

"All we gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days, and she'll help the two of us out." John B intervened by explaining to JJ what they needed to do.

"It doesn't help that your an idiot and were shooting a gun," Stevie death stared at JJ. There was obvious confusion on his face as he thought Stevie was out when he used the gun, "Peterkin told me. You're such an arse"

"You know what I should have done?" He shot up from the table he was sitting on. "Just let Topper drown your brother."

"Topper was going to drown him?" Stevie mocked him.

"You weren't even conscious Evie," JJ argued pissed that she was getting involved when she wasn't even there. "You got blackout drunk after you kissed Rafe"

Intense heat made its way to her cheeks. She had never felt more betrayed and embarrassed. It was not the experience JJ made it out to be. All her friends were looking at her like she had stabbed them. They looked offended and confused.

"You what?" John B changed his attention from the blonde to his sister.

"Really?" Kie sounded disappointed like a parent. They didn't know. She looked down not wanting to look any of them in the eye. She was embarrassed. She was upset. She didn't want to talk about or even think about it. And her friends' disapproval made the situation worse. She didn't want to kiss him. But they couldn't see that.

"I don't want to talk about it," She said with a low voice. She wasn't angry as they expected. She was sad. And it wasn't at JJ. She looked sad with herself. She thought it was her fault in a way. It most definitely was not her fault and if she told anyone they would tell her that but she couldn't help but think she brought it on herself.

"Look have you looked in the mirror recently?" JJ moved the situation along pointing back at John B's fight and his eye. "They always win, don't they, man?" He was pissed, "Kook versus Pogues. They always win!" He shouted before looking at Stevie.

"It's okay!" Kie shouted back trying to calm him down.

"No, it's not okay!" JJ was a very short-tempered person and he never wanted to feel inferior. "It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there and you know it," He pointed towards John B resulting in him rolling his eyes, "I understand why you don't wanna go," he turned to Pope, "you're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you--" he moved on the kie, "I mean, your already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother? But you, me and Evie, we got nothin' to lose!"