43- you're a little close

"So are we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asked. The pogues found himself happy with the information that their friends were alive but also perplexed with how they were going to sort this all out. They would do anything to clear his name, Stevie would do anything to get her brother back, but it was a lot easier said than done.

The four sat on the dock just outside of the Wreck, Kie avoiding the work her mum had asked her to do, whilst brainstorming mostly rubbish ideas.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas," Pope, as normal, acted as the voice of reason. Unfortunately, the teens were poor, and equally still children, they had little to work with.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later," Kie argued, "so if we're gonna clear his name we need to have done it yesterday"

JJ had been silent, looking out across the marsh watching old rusty boats go by, worrying Stevie with whatever idea he was thinking up, "I'll tell you how we do it."

"You have a plan?" Stevie asked bracing for the answer.

"As a matter of fact, my love, I do," JJ raised his register, sounding posher as he presented his idea. "We kidnap Rafe." He said softly but bluntly.

Stevie choked almost, "I'm sorry what"

"We kidnap Rafe," JJ said again, just as confident as the first time, reminding Stevie and the other two that their ears did not deceive them. "Tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking"

"That's horrible," Stevie muttered, knowing that if JJ heard he would remind her of all the shit he's done to her and her family and therefore deserves it.

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie reminded the blonde boy cooly.

"Yeah so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell," Pope sassed the boy in the same way Kie had just done, "Because that's a felony" The four sat contemplating ideas all not really understanding how JJ though it plan was good, however it was efficient. "Look, all we need is a material witness," Pope explained to the group. For once having a friend who was interested in being a corner was helpful as he had accumulated knowledge of the police system alongside his obsession with dead bodies.

Pope explained that because they saw the plane fly, without Ward inside it, there must have been someone else, like a pilot, that day. Someone else who must have knowledge of what happened or at least a small thread that the Pogues could pull on to reveal more evidence proving John B's innocence.

"How do we get them to confess on record," Stevie asked, "we're gonna need to record it or something physical because Shoupe doesn't exactly like or believe us right now"

"Light espionage?" Poep smiled. Both Kie and Stevie rolled their eyes realising that this crazy gold hunting rollercoaster that they had jumped onto over the summer was still going.

"We're gonna get arrested aren't we?" Stevie turned to JJ who smiled before lightly pressing a kiss onto her lips.

"Not like that's never happened before," He smiled goofily.

The teens all piled into Kie's nice car, on their way to talk to provoke the pilot of Ward's plane which Pope had done some digging to find, again another advantage of having a smart friend like Pope. In the front seat Kie was driving and Pope riding passenger, not letting either one of the boys drive her car again after last time when Pope was high but Stevie didn't mind sitting in the back as a passenger princess, it also meant he was next to JJ with his hand on her thigh.

She hadn't realised how much she had attached herself to JJ. The thought of not sitting next to him in the car weirded her out. Why would she sit anywhere else when she could sit next to the boy who loved her?