7- Kegger?

TW: alcohol, sexual assault

After fishing out side the Pogues moved into John Bs room and sat talking further about the issue of the Grady-White.

"For the record," Pope started talking about what would be the smart thing to do, something that definitely was not going to happen, "if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it. It probably belongs to someone else."

"Minor details" Kie cut in. looking around her brother's room it was clear no one was going to listen to Pope they all looked bored, especially JJ who was sitting to the left of Stevie fiddling with the money he stole.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." Pope finished his rant.

No one was going to listen to Pope. JJ stood up and leaned closer to Pope who was sitting on John B's bed before explaining his philosophy.

"Right. " JJ said agreeing with the stupidity but not caring, "Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ gestured with the money.

Stevie's head filled with questions as she recognised what he said but she couldn't remember where from until it hit her. She said that. "Hey JJ, I'm the one who said that" she remembered from years ago when they first met. "Can't come up with your own things to say?" she asked condescendingly.

"What you gonna do?" he matched her tone, "arrest me? You don't own words."

"You're a child" Stevie muttered.

"Stop stop stop" John B waved his hands to get the two to stop. "We just need to lay low until we figure out a way to get in the cargo hold. Just act normal."

"Right" Pope sounded unconvinced, "and how exactly do we do that?"

"Kegger?" Kie smiled making everyone else happy too. Everyone enjoys a kegger.

The group didn't have long so they instantly got things ready before the sunset. The boys between them carried the keg other than Pope who was carrying cups for the beer. Stevie loved keggers. It was nice to just get away and talk to other people as well as getting drunk and dancing at the same time.

The boys set up the keg whilst spraying beer in John b's face making the Pogues chuckle. It wasn't long until people from all sides of the island came. The Boneyard was a great place for parties. It was only ever occupied by teens and it had nice scenery. The driftwood made great seats for the teens to sit on and enjoy their beer.

The Boneyard was a key part of the Outerbanks, especially for young people. There were always people from the Cut like Stevie, John B and JJ. working-class derelicts. Normally stoners or surfers or both in most cases. However, Kooks also always came to parties at the Boneyard. They use any excuse to get drunk and shy away from their pampered life and pretend to rebel. They're mostly second homer owners that go to fancy expensive boarding schools. Naturally, they clashed with the Pogues. The most fun were the Tourons that came to the parties. There would always be a few groups of naive-as-fuck tourists that only come down for a few weeks. It was easy to spot them a mile of especially when they wear stupid straw fedoras. They were fun to mess with or if your JJ and John B mess with, in a different way. It was clear they thought the Pogues were really cool and were jealous which isn't really the complaint they wanted. Not when they had to work at 16 only to still be in debt.

JJ, Stevie and John B stayed by the keg handing out beers, to begin with. All three knew it was the best way to find fitties to spend the rest of the party with. However, both JJ and Stevie weren't really that interested in anyone that was coming up. John B spotted a beautiful touron with blonde hair and tanned skin and blatantly flirted with her in front of the other two until he walked off with her. Shortly after JJ joined a chugging contest with a touron and left Stevie alone by the keg.