50- Clyde to my Bonnie

After leaving the jail, Stevie went about trying to find JJ. He didn't deserve her frustration, even if it is a little bit unrealistic to think they would perform a jailbreak perfectly. All she wanted was everyone safe and together, it would be easier to find the key or find a solution if they were together, one pogue isn't enough, they need all five.

She went home but found no one there, then wandered the many parts of the island she knew JJ could go to. The beach where he loved to surf, back to Sarah's memorial, where he had taken her out on walks, the Wreck because he loved to eat shrimp and grits even though Stevie thought that was gross and complained every time he ordered it. But no luck. She even tried to go to his house but it was barren, not even his dad was there.

Racking her brains for ideas, she thought she would give his cousin Ricky a go. If he wasn't there, Ricky might have a better chance of getting in contact with him.

"Ricky," Stevie called out, seeing him sitting, fiddling with car parts on the porch of his house in a nice area of the cut. Stevie was thankful that she had come here to pick up weed and therefore knew where JJ's cousin lived, otherwise, she would be just as lost as she was before. "Ricky,"

"Stevie?" Ricky asked, having not seen the Routledge girl in a while, only ever hearing about her from JJ. He rambled on and on about her beautiful eyes and the softness of her smile.

"Hi," She walked into the netted area, laughing slightly at the strong smell of weed. 

"You here for JJ?" Ricky quickly deduced. She looked stressed in only a way JJ could induce.

"Yeah," She let out a breath, "Have you seen him?"

"He was just here," Ricky put down the parts in his hand and looked up to eyes. Stevie's face lifted, thankful that JJ hadn't gone completely rogue like she knew he could. "Ranting about a prison break,"

"What did he say?" Stevie wanted to know just how elaborate JJ's idea was. Ricky explained that JJ wanted to borrow his ambulance to take John B out of the prison, which wasn't as crazy as Stevie feared. Half of her thought JJ would genuinely run into the prison, all guns blazing. Sometimes JJ came up with strangely feasible plans.

"Look, he thinks he's gonna end up in jail anyway," Ricky repeated his words and Stevie's heart sank a bit. She hated when he thought so lowly of himself. "Can you please keep him out of trouble? I think you're a good influence on him,"

"That's a nice thought, but I've been arrested for shoplifting more times than I can remember," Stevie smiled.

"Just keep him out of prison please?" Ricky didn't smile back at her.

"What do you think I'm tryna do?" Stevie commented on her adventures around the island just to find him. She thanked Ricky for talking to her before walking out the way she came in. When walking down his street, she noticed the ambulance he had claimed was parked just up the road wasn't there. It wasn't anywhere in the area. Although it was silly and dangerous, she could help fall in love with JJ's determination. "JJ" she chuckled to herself as she realised he had taken the ambulance anyway.

The sun had set on her journey back to the poorer side of the Cut, she had hoped she wouldn't be alone but everyone else seemed busy. She had no idea where Kiara or Srah had gotten to, John was obviously behind bars, last she'd heard Pope was going to his great grandmas, and JJ may be in the middle of a prison break. The wind bit at her arms and her body was scattered with goosebumps but the only thing that made her feel cold was her loneliness.

There wasn't even warmth in the Chateau. No lights on when she got back, just the wooden shell of a building. Lost in her mind, she wandered through the hallway and into the kitchen when small flickers of light from her room caught her eye. Did I leave a light on?