The Dragon's Daughter Friendzones

"You got dumped, didn't you?" Glen Thames snarks at his own son. Of course, anyone would be downhearted when your future-in-law doesn't even like you.

"Father, I want to ask. There's this lady."

"The one who dumped you?"

He frowned and glared at his father.

"Then I met her parents. A beautiful red-haired man and a twelve-year-old boy, whom she calls mom."

"What?"

"And then there is this other beautiful young man, younger than you, whom she calls grandpa." Luke's tone was serious now.

"Sounds like they are playing house with pretty and handsome peple? Maybe that is her harem?" his father asked, looking at him as if he was insane.

"No...I am telling you the truth! They were all sword masters, and I can still feel their tremendous aura around my neck." Luke acted as if he was being strangled. But, no joke, he felt like he was choking when he sensed all of their auras. "But they told me we were of different races, and mixed races are not unforgivable, but I have seen a lot of mixed races, and this is the only one with such strict rules—"

I sensed there was more to what they were saying.

"I could not say for sure until I saw them. But I think, if the parents were that strict, either they are super doting or there is a variable in their bloodline or..."

"Or?"

"They simply do not like you," Glen says, deadpanning and laughing heartily.

Luke simply frowned and walked away from his laughing father, who was about to go crazy.

It has been a month since he last saw his goddess. He had been visiting the same location to check on her, but she was nowhere to be found.

He was walking calmly through the woods when he noticed the familiar red color that he enjoys seeing so much.

But it was not her; it was the father of that beautiful lady.

"Um, hello," he said awkwardly.

"I am Rhaegal, the Vermillion Dragon of Despair, and I have come to talk to you face to face."

A dragon?

Luke immediately got down on his knees. Dragons are the most powerful beings in the world. They could bring down an entire kingdom with just their breath. His father warned so many times that one shouldn't get in the way of the dragons.

They're beings who could bless or curse someone—and such could last a lifetime.

I just messed up with a dragon's child! Mama! Save me!

He internally cried.

<Rise>

He unknowingly rose. He didn't know why but knew he was compelled to do this dragon's bidding. He remembered one secret record of the Blood Century, where the dragons in existence went extinct.

<Look at me.>

His gaze met the dragons. He can't help but tremble with this power. This man. He holds immense power that could compel everything to his wishes.

<Answer me honestly. You'll feel pain like you're being stabbed if you lie.>

He gulped.

"What do you think of Tara?"

Tara? Tara? Her name is so lovely.

"She is the most beautiful person I have ever met!" he said immediately.