The Dragon Makes a Mistake

"Where were you?"

Rhae shuddered when Eruhaben approached him with the stick in his hand. He resembled the typical Asian man, holding a slipper/broomstick weapon and waiting for their prodigal son/daughter to return home and beat them.

Of course, those forbidden techniques demonstrated and honed decent people.

When he was Kim Roksu, children all over the world were obsessed with technology; the majority grew up to have bad personalities, overbearing and bossy attitudes, and no respect for elders.

When elders ensure that children are disciplined, they file lawsuits alleging child abuse.

There is this damn government that overprotects children to the point where even simple discipline is considered abuse.

That was how society was when he lived in that world. The best generation with proper morality and discipline lived from the 1980s to the 1990s. Honestly, Roksu witnessed how children were raised at the time. He is not a thirty-two-year-old bachelor for nothing. He has seen both the worst and the best of the generations. The advancement of technology, ineffective, overprotective child abuse laws, and spoiled brats with rotten attitudes became the norm in the 2000s.

On the positive side, there are still well-behaved and disciplined children who deserve to be respected and looked upon. The parents of those children should be recognized for raising their children with good morals and respect for themselves and others. One could argue that it is difficult to find children who do not use gadgets and who naturally talk about respectful topics.

As they say, parents are the first teachers a child can have. They are the ones who raised children to be human. Before coming here, most parents relied on technology for an easy way out, and the iPad generation arrived, where children were more aggressive than their parents.

The same could be said about this timeline. However, here, power, influence, and wealth are pitted against morality. This is the most appealing aspect of Eruhaben to him. Even when he is strong enough to teach him arrogance and the way of the dragons, he maintains a parental figure and teaches both humans and dragons.

Rhae lowered his head and waited for Eruhaben to nag him.

"Next time, tell me where you are going so I do not spend so much time looking for you."

"Were you worried about me?" he inquired. Nobody was really worried about him when he was still Kim Roksu.

"Who do you think I am?" Eruhaben inquired. "While dragons are strong and mighty, that does not mean I should not be concerned about you. You are still young and require guidance. Come now. Let us eat."

But I am over 200 years old now. We are just a hundred years apart.

Eruhaben flicked his brow and said, "Even though you are a thousand years old, you are still a brat to me. Now let us eat. You squandered so much of my time."

Rhae smiled. This kind of thing isn't so bad at all. He likes it even more.

.

.

Of course, the dragon festival did not end there.

Rhae and Eruhaben had to attend another meeting for the closing of the supposed "happy" festival. He simply latched onto Eruhaben's back and watched as other dragons in their majestic forms formed a massive circle around the bonfire.

He did not bother changing into his dragon form. He simply sat on Eruhaben's back alongside his black egg brother.

"Hoho. He is quite adorable now that I see him," said the brown dragon, looking at him. His tone suggests that he is quite old. His majestic form exudes a powerful aura, but it is not enough to scare Rhae. He had no idea why he felt no fear from them. Even though he was aware that they were using their dominating dragon aura, he remained calm and collected.