Roxas End

An ear piercing sound of destruction was heard, causing Roxas to wince from such a sound. His head was pounding and his body aching as his eyes fluttered open to adjust to the sunlight shining in his face. He realized he got to see the light of another day in spite of the impact he received just a few minutes earlier. Feeling grateful Roxas began to painfully push himself into a sitting position, but that feeling was short lived as another ear piercing crash filled his ears.

"What was that?" Roxas looked around, realizing the others were still rendered unconscious and he was the only one conscious within proximity.

He began to scramble to stand as he darted to the nearest person that being Axel. With his heart pounding out of concern for his friend he violently shook Axel's body. Axel stirred momentarily from such a forceful action but did not wake. Roxas sighed with relief. If him and Axel were alive, surely everyone else was... Right?

Another crash perked Roxas's attention and in that moment he realized who was missing. Desperation filled his body as he noticed the abstract crater close by, one that wasn't there before. 'Em!' He screamed in his head as his voice was swallowed in his throat. Despite his body screaming at him to cease any movement Roxas began to claw his way towards the newly created hole in hopes she was there.

Roxas's desperation was great, causing him to trip right at the end. As he collapsed he resorted to crawling, dragging himself to peer over the ledge. To his dismay there he saw Ember facing Xehanort alone, and Roxas's chest tightened at the sight. Both were beaten and bruised, blood oozing down from multiple wounds inflicted on one another. However that never stopped either of them from engaging in battle, both thrashing around to gain the upper hand. Roxas knew he had to go down there. He had to help. Ember was fighting so hard and yet there he was barely able to even run to her.

Roxas felt useless but was determined to try. He squeezed his eyes shut and threw himself off the ledge of the cliff, tumbling down and following the curve that was created. Roxas cried out from the pain, his muscles aching tremendously as he was impacted severely. The fall downwards was an unpleasant one, but one he was willing to face... He had to do it for her. She needed him. She was braving such a feat alone!

As Roxas collapsed onto the ground below he hissed through his teeth, grasping his throbbing muscles and shakily pushed himself to his feet. Ember was right there... So close yet so far. The artificial heart inside his chest was hurting him, giving him the negative emotions he was feeling at the sight of her. He had to get to her.

Roxas summoned his Keyblade and did everything he could to shake off the burning feeling he was receiving and began to advance. He timed his arrival so perfectly that just as Xehanort had thrown an orb of darkness Ember's direction Roxas was able to assert himself in front of her, reflecting the attack with a swing of his Keyblade.

Ember blinked in surprise at Roxas's arrival. He was surprised himself to see tears swelling in her eyes and threatening to fall. With a quivering lip she took a deep breath and shook her head. "I-I thought... You were dead."

Roxas softly smiled as hearing her voice made all his pain vanish in an instant, but the pain in his heart continued. Those words had much deeper meaning and he understood she came down in a rage after assuming everyone was dead after the attack. Right now she needed not only his assistance, but his comfort.

"We're okay. Let's finish this together, Em."

Roxas had to make her forget about the destruction that happened above. He wasn't sure who was alive and who was dead but now wasn't the time to figure that out. His eyes turned to Xehanort, his eyes gleaming with malicious amusement at their interaction. For once he had nothing to say, but Roxas knew he was planning something. He always was.