Chapter VII

When the next morning rolled around Sora was walking down the hall of bedrooms with hands cupped around his mouth to make his voice heard. He yelled for everyone to awaken as to have a team meeting about the next step in their plan. His wake up call was greeted by a "Shut the fuck up!" from Vanitas at the end of the hall.

Before long everyone began to sleepily drag their feet down the stairs to the dining area where Sora had graciously made piles of pancakes for everyone to share while they discussed their plans. Ember had gotten dressed and was ready, but still plopped herself in a seat and slammed her face into the table with a big yawn.

Axel could only snicker with amusement as he sat beside her, immediately grabbing a plate and began scooping pancakes. "Long night?"

"Y'all really couldn't save the cake for today... We stayed up all night." She muttered.

Roxas sat beside Axel and copied his actions. "You shouldn't have cake for breakfast."

"But why not it has fruit on it!" Sora sat across from Ember.

"That's not how that works Sora." Riku scolded as he sat beside his friend with a stretch.

"What's the difference between a cake and pancakes with syrup? Might as well eat a spoonful of fucking sugar." Vanitas was the last to drag his feet to the head of the table, plopping himself down and leaning against the back of the chair with crossed arms. The helmet still on his face as usual.

Ember lifted her head just enough that her chin was now resting on the table. She watched everyone dig into the food Sora had made.

"Thank you for this, Sora." Roxas grinned.

Sora nodded his direction before slamming a fist on the table. "Alright! Let's discuss our next step. Vanitas! What's Xehanort's plans?"

Vanitas stiffened. "Took no time to get to the point I see." With a deep sigh he continued. "You seem to already know the basics. If Ventus and I fight, that creates the x-blade which gives Xehanort control over Kingdom Hearts."

Ember finally lifted her head off the table. "What is Kingdom Hearts exactly?"

"A moon in the shape of a heart that contains ultimate power and wisdom." Riku answered her. He casually grabbed a pancake and poured some syrup.

"Sounds dumb." She muttered.

Axel grabbed an extra plate and placed a couple of pancakes on top. "That's what the Organization is after too." He placed the plate in front of Ember.

Sora rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "So they're after the same thing... I don't understand why they're not working together?"

Roxas shrugged. "As far as we know Xehanort was someone to kill on sight if possible."

"Xemnas vs Xehanort." Axel had shoved a pancake in his mouth, making his voice muffled as he talked.

"That's probably why Xemnas is creating an army." Ember began to cut her pancake with the side of her fork. "He took Elrena with him and recruited her, right? The more people he recruits the more likely he is to defeat Xehanort."

Axel blinked with surprise. "I almost forgot she's your friend. But yeah, you're right. That's the plan. Xemnas doesn't share well."

Axel and Roxas exchanged awkward glances at one another, causing Ember to raise an eyebrow with curiosity. She opened her mouth to ask, but Sora's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Okay so how do we find Ven?"

Ember snapped her fingers as she instantly forgot about the ex-Organization reactions and turned to Vanitas. "You said you can sense Ventus right?"