Chapter XXXVIII

"So you're saying you bullied Axel into taking you to rescue Roxas and then you killed yet another Organization member?"

Ventus blinked back his surprise at the news. Ember snickered at his reaction as she plucked a card from Riku's hand. Her smirk was wiped clean when she realized the card she had grabbed and regretfully she shuffled her cards.

"So there's only two members left..." Roxas trailed off thoughtfully.

Ember turned to Roxas, lightly nudging him with her knee as they sat beside one another. Startled, he hesitantly plucked a card from her hand. Ember pouted with disappointment when he didn't pick the Old Maid card she was praying he would grab. "So technically it was Brexme who killed Xigbar and that Demyx guy."

"She's still considered you." Sora grabbed a card from Roxas's hand, placing down a match on the coffee table. "But at this point you defeated most of the Organization one way or another."

Ember bit her bottom lip momentarily as she tried to remember every single components that made up the Organization. "Eye patch man and the Demyx guy I don't know were defeated by Brexme. I remember killing sideburns, big large guy, book worm, green thumb, and Dr. Freeze."

Axel sighed at her explanation and took his turn during the card game. "Xigbar and Demyx were killed by Brexme, who was still technically you. But specifically Ember killed Xaldin, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia and Vexen."

Ember smirked. "Haha. Nice."

"That leaves Xemnas, Saïx, Larxene and Luxord." Riku muttered, his voice low with resentment.

Vanitas, who refused to play, sat on a bean bag chair away from the others on the couches. His arms were holding his head up as he casually sat, eyes narrowed towards their conversation. "You gonna save some action for the rest of us Emberlynn?"

Ember shook her head. "Absolutely not. If I'm not able to continue my kill streak I'll be devastated."

"Was losing your shirt worth the streak?" Vanitas retorted.

Ember felt her face flush and she looked down. She indeed lost one of her tops and was lucky she wore two shirts, but now she was running around with bare shoulders. "Is this top not cute?"

"No that top looks great! But you might need an extra layer for protection." Sora said.

Ember inspected her outfit sheepishly. She was left down to boots, shorts, and an undershirt. Not much protection, especially if they were going to face off against the more troubling enemies.

"Is there someone I can go to for uh... A new set of clothes? Maybe hit up Hollow Bastions market?" Ember suddenly snapped her fingers as an idea occurred to her. "Oh! I also need a new weapon. I definitely left mine back at the graveyard..."

Sora lifted a finger and pointed at Axel. "Take us to Hollow Bastions!"

Axel raised his eyebrows from the sudden demand as shock filled his face. "Only E is the one who's demanding in this group what's going on?!"

Ember tossed her cards on the table, copying Sora's actions and pointing to Axel with a finger. "Take us to Hollow Bastion!"

"You're just tryna leave since you have the Old Maid." Axel laughed to himself and set aside the cards. He stood from his position and extended an arm, manifesting a portal. "So? Ya coming or what?"

"Are you guys coming back?" Vanitas asked with a yawn. "I'm gonna sit here and wait. Bye."

Ember scoffed at his remarks, but turned her back to him and dashed for the portal.