CHPT • XXVI •

- Do you know that our wedding is in a month?

Dayton is startled by Beau's words without hearing him approach her. Beau was leaning against the doorframe with his hands on his chest.

- I know. And I can't wait.

-Then what is bothering you, my Dawn?- he asked slowly approaching her and kneeling in front of her with her palm in his.

- Well, after everything that happened and after I met Jake, I just feel that I'm missing something. Some kind of small part. - Dayton admitted to him.

- What do you say we try?

Dayton looked at him, totally confused. Beau had a kind of gentle smile on his lips.

- You don't think so...

-Yes.

-No. No.

- Dawn... yes.

Dayton started bouncing around the porch with glee and jumped into his arms as the house echoed with Beau's laughter.

- We will be parents!

- I can't imagine leaving him there. He deserves it.

In the weeks since Dayton introduced Beau to Jake, it was clear that everything was going to lead to this. Jake managed to get on the list for a liver transplant that will be done during the week. Dayton got ready and together with Beau decided to go to the hospital to visit Jake. The little boy was so happy to see them. Jake immediately jumped into Beau's lap and hugged him.

- Tomorrow I'm going to have an operation, so I'll be healthy. Will you be there tomorrow? - asked Jake.

- Do you want me to be with you until the operation? Shall I spend the night? - Dayton asked him.

-Yes!- Jake screamed so hard that Beau frowned at the boy's decibels.

- Loud as a siren. - Beau answered and ruffled Jake's blond hair.

Their fun was interrupted by the knock of a nurse who came to get Jake to run tests for the operation.

- Mrs. Hall should be here soon. He will bring all the necessary papers. - Beau answered and hugged Dayton.

(A/N: I'm going to do a short time skip to avoid any problems with topics that I'm not good at and don't want to mess up.)

Beau and Dayton received all possible approvals to adopt Jake. They were just waiting to sign the documents. Dayton was tidying up the boy's room while Beau brought in the last boxes of decorations and sprawled out as long and wide as he could on the floor.

-Are you okay?- Dayton asked him, standing over his head.

- I don't understand why so many boxes. Are you hiding something from me?

-These are decorations for Jake and new albums and picture frames if he wants to put his touch in the room now.

- The room looks great. You care about him.

Dayton knelt down in front of Beau and kissed him gently.

- I just think that God sent him because I can't have it as I would like.

- You'll be a great mom. Just a little info, Warlock already refers to himself as his uncle, just like Maverick and the entire Daggers.

- That's wonderful. I think they will love it.

- Let's go get our boy?

- Let's go.

They got up and headed for the hospital. Jake greeted them in the room with one box of his favorite toys while he left the others for the playroom as a thank you to the nurses who were watching over him all the time.

-Ready for a new adventure?-Beau asked him and took him on his hip.

-Yes I am. But...you...won't take me back when I get sick?

- Never, Jake. You will never be returned because you are not a book in the library.

Dayton, Beau and Jake waited for the discharge letter and all the results of all the tests Jake had ever had. Dayton watched excitedly as Beau held Jake's hand as they walked to the car.

-Are we going somewhere to celebrate or are we going home?- Beau asked as they drove home.

- Jake? What do you say? - Dayton asked.

- I would like to go home. Will I have my own room? Can I watch airplanes and jets fly through the window?

- He may not have our blood and genes, but he is certainly ours. - Beau replied with a wink at Dayton.

- That's a surprise. Can you hold on for another ten minutes? - Dayton gently asked the boy.

-Yes.- Jake said excitedly and with a wide smile continued to watch the sky looking for jets.

They arrived in front of the house and Jake's jaw was dragging on the floor when he saw the house. Shocked, he looked a little at the house and a little at Dayton and Beau.

- The house is even better inside. - Beau whispered to him and the boy ran into the house.

They showed him the house, the glassed-in back porch, and the huge yard to play in.

- Ready for your room? - asked Dayton, leaning against the kitchen island.

- Yes, please! - exclaimed Jake. He followed Beau to his room which was designed with Disney's 'Planes' cartoon.

 He followed Beau to his room which was designed with Disney's 'Planes' cartoon

Jake looked around the room before coming across a large envelope on the bed. He opened it and began to sob. Still holding the paper tightly, he ran to embrace Dayton and Beau.

-Mom. Dad. - sobbed the boy.

- We are here. You're home, baby. You're home forever. - Dayton whispered softly and kissed Jake's cheeks.