CHPT • XII •

One thing first...our Cyclone (Jon Hamm) has been married since this summer? And I only found out today!? I was convinced he was still single, as handsome as he aged like fine wine.

There was an aggressive knock on the front door of Cyclone's house. He was lying on the perfectly made bed he had made that morning when Dayton had spent the night at his place before the mission. He got up reluctantly and unlocked the front door.

- I've been calling you since yesterday. I thought something happened. - Warlock said angrily.

- I'm fine, Warlock. I miss her. I am thinking of resigning, but I know Dayton would not approve.

As Cyclone threw himself onto the sofa with his back to Warlock, Warlock walked up to him and slapped the back of Cyclone's head with his palm.

-What the hell got into you?!- Cyclone raised his voice, holding his head.

- I'll wait for you here, and you march to the shower, change your clothes and head to the base. Afterwards you come to me and Athena for lunch and then we go to Dayton's.

- I'm not sure I should obey your orders.

-Don't make me angry, Beau.- growled Warlock, threatening him with a finger.

Cyclone let out a throaty laugh, raised his hands in the air and headed where he was already ordered.

Warlock literally dragged him to the base for a series of meetings that were expecting Cyclone. Fortunately, the meetings were really short.

- Done. I'm surprised there hasn't been any Maverick-related incident. Daggers listen to him blindly. - Cyclone said from his armchair in the office. Warlock sat across from him and just looked at him.

- What are you thinking about? - asked Warlock looking at him under his eyebrows.

- I'm thinking about Dayton. I received a memo about the arrival of a new intelligence and mission planning advisor.

- Although I will pretend not to see how you turn the key to her office in your hand. Beau, we have work to do. Missions come and will come. Dayton... we are next to her, but you know that we don't know...

- Don't you dare say it to the end.

-Cyclone, come to your senses! You have to move on. You neglected your career. How long has she been gone? Understand that you are needed. - Warlock tried to calm the situation with a calm tone and a deep exhalation while rubbing his forehead.

- She's been gone for two years, five months, two weeks and 3 days, Warlock. I'm counting the days. I have to move on, you say? Only two days ago I came back to the house and I'm sleeping on the couch. The pillows still carry her perfume. - Cyclone said and stood up heading towards the window to avoid his best friend seeing the tears and suffering in his eyes.

- Come on, let's have lunch at my place and I'll take you out for a beer afterwards. Maverick promised to come with the Daggers. Come on. - answered Warlock quietly and took his briefcase.

Cyclone did the same and followed his friend to the car. He got into his Jepp Rubicon and headed for Warlock's house, which was only a dozen houses away in same street from his house and two streets away from Dayton.

Athena greeted them politely and directed them towards the kitchen. At lunch, Athena watched as Cyclone looked sadly out the balcony door that faced Dayton's street.

- Beau, why are you struggling? Maybe, I say maybe, it's time to move on. If it is written in the stars, your paths will meet. - said Warlock in an uncomfortable silence.

-Solo! Can't you see that he loves her? - Athena growled at her husband.

- I see, Athena. But I'm watching my best friend disappear before my eyes! Dayton has been in a coma for over two years. You know the doctor's words.