CHPT • XXIII •

It's been almost a week since Beau sent the note for Dayton's psych evaluation. Dayton prepared by reading manuals and spending hours in Beau's office. As Dayton closes one handbook, she opens another. Her mother, River, brought her meals to the office and started packing to go back to Washington. River Shell was a woman in her late forties who married Dayton's father, Gabriel, very early. River and Gabriel met in a diner near the base when Gabriel was in Top Gun training and River was working there as a waitress.
Dayton loved that story, but she was always close to her father. River was not thrilled with Gabriel's flying when she found out she was pregnant with Dayton. Because of this, they separated without a divorce, and River went to Washington, leaving them alone. It took years for Dayton to get over his mother's move. They reconnected after Dayton worked with Charlie in Washington as a pilot and intelligence analyst for NATO right after Charlie left Top Gun.

- Hey. Do you have anything planned? - Beau asked, slowly approaching his desk, where stacks of manuals and rulebooks that Dayton had read were neatly arranged.

- I am preparing for tests and evaluation. I will let you work. - she said, standing up from the table.

-Honey, I thought we'd go to dinner. Like a casual date.

-Really? Where are you taking me?

- Does my future Mrs. Simpson have any wishes?

-Your future Mrs. Simpson wants to visit the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum. And afterwards we can stop to eat a piece of chocolate cake.

- Do you believe me, I've never been to that museum?

-Admiral, we have to correct that.

- You are so sexy when you call me admiral. And even more so when you measure me and stop to look at my crotch. - he whispered on her lips while she was leaning on the table in front of him.

-Really? Cyclone, you are becoming more and more insatiable for sex.

- Captain, I can't help it.

     %%%

Dayton was adjusting the collar of her sweater, watching Beau half-naked as he shaved in the bathroom. She approached him quietly and pressed a kiss between his shoulder blades. He straightened and revealed his muscular back. He was well built and in really great shape for his age and for someone who does an office job.

- What is it, sweetheart? Are you okay? - he asked, washing his face and looking over his shoulder.

-I'm fine. I just admire you.

-Me? You're the one to admire. So young, beautiful, handsome, smart, and not to forget an excellent pilot.

- Do you really mean it or are you just trying to get into my panties?

- I really mean it. And if I want to, I can take you here on the sink. - he said and wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed her against the wall with his body.

Her palms were on his biceps as she stared into his eyes almost breathlessly. She enjoyed how well he knew to dance on the line between romance and raw lust. Every day he showed her how much she was loved and how attractive she was to him.

-Are you going to get dressed or are you going like that?

- I'll get dressed. But I have a question.

-What question?

- When we get back tonight, do you want to give me a massage? I feel tension in the middle of my back. I'm old, honey.

- I will, I'll give you a massage if you stop saying you're old. You're a beast in bed.

- Do you love your beast?

-I adore my beast.- she said and leaned her forehead against his.

Beau got dressed and the couple headed for the museum. They toured the museum just as they wanted and Dayton was always a little ahead of Beau who loved watching her explore her interests. Dayton studied each of the exhibits with special attention and also listened carefully to what the guide was saying. After walking through the museum, they went to a nearby cafeteria that offered cakes. They ate a piece of cake and discussed the details of the wedding. They agreed that they had to find matching wedding rings and that they had to decide where to go for their honeymoon. After a long day, they finally arrived home. Dayton mom River took a cab to the airport. Dayton wasn't thrilled with that because she felt like her mom was pushing her away by leaving without saying goodbye. Dejectedly, she headed for the bedroom. She looked over her shoulder and saw Beau following close behind her. Then she remembered the promised massage. She went to the bathroom to get massage oil.

-Ready to show me where it hurts?- she asked with her palms on his waist.

- You'll save me, baby. I will repay you.

They kissed and Beau lay down on the floor on a spread towel. He showed Dayton where it hurt and she applied oil to his back. She was massaging his back and Dayton got a little sad because Beau was clearly in pain. His back was full of lumps and his muscles were painfully tense. Her every movement was accompanied by his sigh.

- Why did you keep it from me that it hurts?

- I didn't want to bother you. And I thought it was from sitting too much.

- Beau...

- Sorry, Dawn. I didn't mean to make you sad. It just hurts and that's it.

- That's why you've been down for the last few days?

- That's right. - he said.

Dayton massaged him until she broke all the lumps in his back. She kissed his cheek and got up to wash her hands. She watched Beau stretch after the massage.

- Do you want to cuddle? We don't have to make love. I just want to keep you close.- Beau asked leaning against the bathroom door.

-Gladly. Just hold me close to you and kiss me. - answered Dayton and kissed him gently.

- Come on, Captain.

- My admiral. I love you. Really.

- I love you too, my Dawn. I'm so happy we're together.

Dayton leaned against his chest with a smile on his lips. Beau ran his palm over her back. He took her to bed and they watched a movie while Dayton was snuggled up against Beau's side on his bare chest.