CHPT • VIII •

- Dawn? Honey, I'm home!- Cyclone called from the door.

- I'm in the bedroom!

When he got to the bedroom door, he leaned against the doorframe and watched his love get dressed in a flight suit.

-Cut it out. You make me nervous. - replied Dayton with a giggle.

- I can't resist you.

Cyclone approached Dayton and hugged her from behind. She took him by the upper arms and leaned her head back on his shoulder. Cyclone looked into the mirror and saw only his reflection in front of him. He was shocked that he closed his eyes in fear while holding Dayton's hands.

- Honey, what is it? - she asked him gently.

- You...I hugged you. How can I not see you in the mirror?

- Dear... - Dayton whispered and turned to hug him. His eyes were closed and when he opened them Dayton was not in front of him. He looked around and saw only a flowing white sheer dress on the bed.

Cyclone jumps up from this dream on the hospital couch. Dayton was lying peacefully on the bed next to her. She was so beautiful, like a sleeping beauty. He stood up and approached her. He caressed her face.

-I miss you. Come home, my love. - he whispered quietly.

He lowered his head to their joined palms, listening to the silence around him. Inside, he was extremely sad because he felt as if God was ignoring his prayers. Cyclone began to pray to Our Lady once again, saying 'Hail Mary'. His prayer was interrupted by the rustle of hard hospital sheets. He looked up and saw those beautiful green eyes of his Dayton. Dayton looked around.

- Love. It's me. Your Beau. You are in the hospital, honey. - he whispered to her, caressing her cheek while a tear of joy slid down his cheek.

- Nurse! She's awake!- Cyclone called out to the duty nurse.

At the same moment, the room was flooded with nurses and doctors. Cyclone was told to get out so they could thoroughly inspect Dayton. He grabbed his cell phone and immediately called Sarah Kazansky.

-Halo? Beau?- Sarah asked worriedly on the other end of the line.

- Mrs. Kazansky, Dayton woke up. She is in the room with the doctors.

- Thanks to the good Christ! I am coming now! I'll let Maverick know.

He ended the call and nervously paced up and down the hall. Dr. Tyler came out of Dayton's room.

-Beau, this...this is amazing. I was giving her little chance to wake up. She has recovered. She gets tired quickly so that's the reason if she falls asleep in the middle of a conversation. Be her support. Go to your girlfriend now. - said Tyler and put his hand on Cyclone's shoulder.

Cyclone just nodded with a smile and rushed into the room. His queen lay there with her eyes closed. She breathed deeply.

-Dawn?- he asked quietly, holding her hand.

Dayton opened her eyes and looked at Cyclone. A tear slid down her cheek as she slowly raised her hand to touch Cyclone's cheek. He realized this, kissed her palm and placed it on his cheek. She opened her mouth in an attempt to say something.

- Do not waste your strength. Don't get tired. We have all the time in the world to talk late into the night now we're together.

Dayton moved her head closer to Cyclone who immediately kissed her forehead and rested his on hers.