CHPT • IV •

The next morning, Dayton decided to go down to the beach and drink coffee at one of the cafes nearby. She dressed in denim shorts and a burgundy "Harley Davidson" crop top. She tied her hair in a ponytail and blew a kiss to herself in the mirror by the front door before grabbing a small leather backpack with her wallet and keys. Aviator style sunglasses hid her beautiful green eyes from the strong Californian sun. She chose a cafe and sat down to order, immediately a guy with rude manners sat down at her table and decided that he was the one she would take home.

- Can you leave me alone? I just want to drink coffee alone. - she tried to be calm and composed.

- Come on, doll. We'll hang out together, so we'll go to your house. - said the guy and raised his eyebrows.

Dayton frowned and got slightly annoyed.

-I'll tell you just one more time...go away.- she growled quietly.

The guy leaned forward just ready to argue when he was grabbed by the shoulder and slammed back into the chair by...Lieutenant Hangman.

-Darling, is he bothering you? We will solve it right away. - said Hangman and he looked at the man who was squeezed under Hangman's bent body.

-Hang...I didn't know, bro.

- Go away, Fidget. She told you several times to leave her alone. - replied Hangman and moved to make that Fidget literally run for his life. Dayton breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Hangman as he watched Fidget leave.

-You are OK? He didn't offend you? - he asked her quietly and in a calm tone.

- He was just a little restless. He didn't do anything else. Thank you. - said Dayton and smiled at him.

-Everything OK. Enjoy.- he said and dazzled her with his bright smile.

-Join me if you're willing.

-I would love to. I don't refuse your presence.

Dayton laughed and Hangman sat down across from her.

- Please, this guy is a pilot? I didn't get his file. - she asked him and took a sip of coffee.

-He is the technician at the base. His name is Tony but we call him Fidget because he fidgeting around girls.

-Oh. And how did you become Hangman? Interesting callsign.- she asked him and looked over her glasses.

- Look at her. Curious as a little kitten. Well, I have a tendency to leave the wingman behind.

He sat down on a chair like a dude and took a sip of the shake he had obviously brought with him. He looked a little into the distance, a little at the smooth skin of Dayton's hips.

- Seresin?

- Miss?

- You're staring. You have glasses, but I feel that your eyes are running away. - she told him in a seductive tone.

- Ah, you caught me. You are good.

-Of course I did. Now excuse me because I have to pay for this and I'm going home.

- There's no way because I took care of the bill. Do you need an escort home?

- You really are a rascal. The bad one. - Dayton replied with a laugh.

- My mom raised me like that and so did Texas.

- Thanks for the coffee for the second time. I'm close, thanks for the offer.

-Okay, ma'am.- he answered her and pretended to lower his hat to her in greeting.

Dayton smiled at him and started on her way home. She felt his gaze on her body as she walked away from the cafe. She heard a thump behind her and saw Rooster dressed in sweatpants and... shirtless. Dayton swallowed hard and hurried off. She didn't want her cheeks to betray her.