26

Hey everyone!

It's been a long time since I've updated. I missed you all and I missed this amazing characters as well.

I've been busy with school work as usual. My schedule is way too tight. I barely have enough time for myself anymore.

I also hit a major writer's block. I haven't been able to write in weeks because of it.

I'm still trying to battle it. I listen to music a lot and read books for inspiration and motivation. It's not working yet but I'm reallyyy trying.

And so, sadly, I won't be updating every Fridays, for now, until I get rid of the writer's block.

From now on, I will update once a chapter is done.

Happy reading:)

I don’t bother to hide the displeasure that’s clearly written all over my face resulting from the presence of Aran in my home—my space

I don’t bother to hide the displeasure that’s clearly written all over my face resulting from the presence of Aran in my home—my space. I resist the urge to strangle him to death mainly because my grandma and Nellie were also present here. I doubt I was going to do any damage. He could easily turn the tables around and murder me with his bare hands—but it is worth trying.

“Is everything okay?” Grandma asks for probably the fifth time since she asked my so called boss to stay for dinner. I give her a gentle nod and let a small smile slip onto my lips, my grip tightening on the knife as I continue to slice a couple of garlic and green chilli before she continues to fry up the onions and potatoes before adding eggs to it.

While we focus more on preparing the food, Aran sits quietly by the dining table in such a poise manner while scrolling through his phone and pretending not to be greatly affected by the fact that he was in a small apartment with minimal space which is quite opposite to what he’s accustomed to.

That serves him right. He’s always looking for reasons to terrorize me—and even though it isn’t much, I still derived a little bit of satisfaction from his discomfort.

I drive away all thoughts relating to him—which isn’t that easy since he’s just a few steps away from me—and put down the hot pot of tomato soup from the stove and turned it off. I set it aside and assist grandma in finishing up other things while Nellie takes out a couple of plates and sets the table.

His eyes—though enshrouded in rage for my actions—are entirely focused on me now, his phone long forgotten. I try not to let it affect me too much and instead focus on the task at hand.

Once it's all done, we take our seats by the table and Nellie says a short prayer before we all dig in....well except for Aran who waited for a few minutes and starts to eat as well, shaking off the discomfort.