03

I was paralyzed to the spot, terror washing over me and sucking the very breath from my mouth

I was paralyzed to the spot, terror washing over me and sucking the very breath from my mouth. I have never felt this intense feeling of dread and fear in my entire life. My whole existence was hanging by a thread in this precarious situation. Just by the easy flip of a coin, my fate will be decided. The hold on my arms tightened when I took a tentative step back.

The man crosses his leg over the other and takes another drag of the cigarette. Once he nestles the cancerous stick at the side of his mouth after blowing out a cloud of smoke, he flips the coin.

I watch the coin in the air with bated breath, tracking the flips with hawk-like eyes. I bite my cheek so hard until I taste the metallic tang of blood on my tongue.

Then the coin lands on the floor directly at his feet. I hold my breath as the man picks up the coin and stares at it long and hard. The words that tumble out of his lips makes my heart to plummet to my stomach.

"Tails." The look he flashes my way turns into icy hostility, his face darkening with contempt promising nothing but destruction. The drastic change in his expression went through me like a blast of ice, my muscles stiffening in panic of what's going to happen next.

"Wait...you can't kill me. I promise I won't say anything to the police." I begin to plead for him to spare my life when Kang-dae and Haider forcefully drag me towards the exit.

No matter the amount of cries and pleas that leaves my lips, I couldn't find mercy in his eyes. The people in the room went on with whatever they were doing without so much as glancing my way like what these men were about to do to me was a daily occurrence for them.

"Please let me go." I struggle to get free of their death grip but then Haider twists my arm to the back and locks it in place so I would stop resisting. I clench my teeth at the sharp pain and walked further down the hallway when they nudged me harshly to keep going.

We stop right in front of the room I was locked in before they brought me to their boss. Kang-dae kicks the door open with his foot and it slams against the wall from the forceful hit. Before I could blink, I felt myself being pushed into the room. My balance was unsteady and the shock of it all had me falling face first to the cold hard floor. I suppress a whimper at the dull ache of pain in my head. I feel something slithering down my temple and swiped my thumb across it to see that it's blood.

Their footsteps approaching me makes me to sit upright. A deep sense of uneasiness holds me rigid at the sinister look in their eyes. They shared knowing looks and towered over my form with matching smirks.

"You don't have to be scared, baby. Before we kill you, we're going to have fun first so you can die a happy woman." Haider says in mock reassurance, gazing at me superciliously through half-lidded eyes, his pupils dilating with lust.

A chill creeps through me at the thought of going through something that brought me nothing but anxiety. I scoot backwards away from them, my heart clenching tightly in my chest when I feel the cold hard surface of the wall against my back. There's no way to escape from them. I'm doomed.