07

As precarious and insulting as the situation may seem to a man of my status, somehow, my ass always ends up here whether it pleases me or not

As precarious and insulting as the situation may seem to a man of my status, somehow, my ass always ends up here whether it pleases me or not. On the other hand, being a man who possesses unlimited power and authority, and the respectable position in the whole damn world one will die to acquire, I have the influence to sweep any scandal under the rug or even before it reaches the press.

My reputation is very important to me and even though it's been marred multiple times, it still stands strong. So, it's quite pitiful and amusing to watch people try to ruin me or the legacy I've built with my bare hands, both in the business world and in the mafia world. They simply don't know who they're up against.

Fucking ridiculous.

Today, I wasn't in the least bit surprised when the chief of police called right in a very important meeting I was having with my company's shareholders and the board members to inform me that my son was arrested, again.

And the icing on the cake was to find out from my men working in the news Agency that my good-for-nothing ex wife contacted the press about his arrest. Luckily for them, they were able to stop it from being the headline of every fucking news channel.

That woman is really testing my patience. I know how her cunning mind works and I can very well use it to my utmost advantage. What a gullible woman! I guess she fails to know that every damn thing works in my favor. Unless there's another alternative to her plans which I'm aware of.

The chief visibly squirms at the sight of me stepping into the police station accompanied by two hefty security guards dressed in all black. When I get to where he's standing by the counter, I take off my dark shades and the icy look that blazes in my eyes is enough for him to get the message.

He barks orders at the two officers standing like idiots by the dispatch room and turns to me with a shaky smile. I disregard him completely and spare a glance at my wrist watch. Fuck! I don't think I'll make it in time to close the deal with my Parisian clients. Those fuckers play dirty. The merchandize on sale costs millions of American dollars and some of the chattels exceed that amount. I don't do business without knowing what I'm getting into; that's why I sent Kane to handle it. He's the only person I have faith in. I'm sure if things go south, he wouldn't hesitate to fuck them up.

The two officers return few seconds later. Both of them had a firm grip on Kamol's arms who struggles to get free with his hands cuffed to the back, gutteral belches of profanity escaping his bruised lips like he had a cursed tongue. I wonder who he got it from?

"Let go of me, you assholes." Kamol seethes with a harsh glare. The two police officers heave out sighs of frustration. He wasn't making it easy for them to detain him much longer. I give a curt nod and the African-American police officer pulls out a small key from his pocket to uncuff him.

I stare down at my offspring with displeasure clearly written on my face. The said offspring notices and sends a cheeky smile my way. Kamol has been nothing but an embarrassment and a disappointment to me since the day he was brought into this world as a result of my sperm.