17

I haven't heard from Rayne in 5 days

5 consecutive days.

I had done what needed to be done. It's just a matter of her battling with her silly morals and pride before she accepted my offer.

Since that little incident in the elevator, I have certainly been going off course. I have never gotten distracted by anything much less; a woman. A woman who got catapulted into my life by certain mishaps. A woman who I hated more than anything and can't wait to get rid of.

Yet, I was immobilized. I couldn't stop myself from getting close to her, grazing her with just a single touch. I affected her in the exact same way she affected me.

It drove me mad. I felt restless in my own skin. If it hadn't been for the little distraction, I would have taken her right there. Call me a fool, I can hardly care. It took a lot of self-restraint to brandish those lustful thoughts from becoming actual reality.

I haven't had a woman in my bed for a long time and I barely felt it but since then, I felt something in me that I have been trying so hard to tame, awaken.

When it comes to sex, I'm a beast in bed. I loved it rough. The women I've been with never seemed to complain. But Rayne Horton, she's just so fragile. A touch could ruin her, break her.

I shouldn't be feeling this way but here I am, imagining things that should never happen.

What the freaking hell is wrong with you? I admonish myself.

Adjusting my tie while staring at my reflection in the mirror, I realize that I looked completely out of sort. Yeah I was dressed in a suit, I had on my rings and wrist watch, my hair was tied back in the way I liked, but something about me seemed to be missing.

Control.

I was lacking control and I hated it. I don't blame her, I blame myself. If I had controlled myself, I wouldn't be feeling this way.

Glancing at my reflection one last time with disdain, I walk out of my bedroom in long strides and make my way down to the kitchen.

When I got there, my sons were already seated at the dining table, having breakfast. They both were focused on their phones doing one thing or the other on it.

"Good morning, father." They both said, sounding quite reluctant.

I give them a curt nod and take a seat at the head of the table. We may not have a typical father and son relationship or any relationship at all, I made sure they showed me respect. If they did otherwise, they received punishment.

"Good morning, sir." The cook, Laura, greets me as she serves me my breakfast. I acknowledge her with a nod as well and pick up the mug of coffee she prepared for me and took a sip from it.

I have known Laura for years now. I didn't entirely trust her so she doesn't reside in my property. She only cooks the food, washes the dishes and any other household chores before leaving and I pay her a generous amount of money every month.