Chapter 23

The next day

Mr and Mrs Kim left for their vacation. Y/n was still sleeping and Taehyung had already left for the hospital. Y/n woke up when her secretary called her . She picked up the call, still closing her eyes . She said in her sleepy voice ,

" Yeoboseyo "

" Miss Y/n , aren't you coming to visit the construction site? "

" Construction site? " She asked, rubbing her sleepy eyes.

" Miss, I'm at the construction site . Clients are also here waiting for you . "

" Waiting for me ??? " Y/n's eyes have gone wide . She sat up straight and then she remembered that she should have visited the construction site with the clients.

She got up quickly from the bed saying, " I'll be there in thirty minutes. Wait for me . " She threw her phone on the bed without even bothering to cut the call and run into the bathroom. She takes a shower quickly and comes out wearing her pants and shirt . She didn't even wear any makeup but just took her sunscreen and powder with her as she ran out of the house . She saw a driver standing outside the house with her car but she said she would drive by herself and get in the car .

She went out of their house toward the construction site at high speed.

Her driving speed was higher than other days but she cared less as she's already late .

She reached her destination and stopped her car with a big drift. She checked herself in the front mirror and wore her shades . She took a deep breath and came out of her car gathering all her confidence.

Her secretary, secretary Jungkook ran to her saying , " Thank god you're finally here Ms. Y/n . "

" Am I too late ? " She asked . Her secretary nodded a little. She mentally slapped herself for sleeping like a pig while walking toward her clients.

Time passed

Y/n came back to her office after visiting the site . Her secretary was following her when she was talking, " Do you think they were pissed off too much? "

" Probably... Because I saw their faces . But it's not something severe . Don't worry. "

" I'm still worried. "

She got inside her room and sat on her chair . " Well , the fault was mine . I shouldn't be this late . "

" It's totally fine in my thoughts. You're a human too. You worked hard for their project and handed them their work before their time . We sacrificed many things because of their work so only thirty five minutes doesn't matter. " Secretary Jung said, looking at the tablet in his hand.

Y/n smiled and said , " You even remember the exact time ?"

He looked up at her reply, " After all, I'm your secretary. " But his face was neutral. He fixed his glasses with his pointing finger and again looked down on his tablet.

Y/n laughed hard at him saying , " I chose the right one . " She shook her head saying , " I should get some lunch . I'm hungry... "

" It's because you skipped breakfast. I'll bring your lunch here . Just wait for fifteen minutes. "

" Wait - how did you know? "

" That you skipped breakfast? "

Y/n nodded and he started , " Mr. Kim Taehyung called me saying he got to know that you left home in a hurry and didn't eat anything. So be asked to bring your lunch right after you come here in the office. "